Author Topic: Windshield Recommendations  (Read 2343 times)

jc27

• View Profile
Windshield Recommendations
« on: June 23, 2015, 05:14:29 AM »
Hey guys, hoping to tap into your wealth of knowledge again.

As you can probably tell, I'm in love with my Venox.  I'm trying to increase my comfort over long rides, I typically make a 2.5 hour trek on the regular to visit my friends and it can get pretty physically taxing after a while.

Anyways, before you all call me a pansy, any good windshield recommendations?  I don't want anything too clunky looking, but I have absolutely no experience with this so I'd welcome any tips you can give.

Also, I live in Mississauga (just beside Toronto) Canada, so a Canadian supplier would be preferable.

Thanks!

max oradea

• View Profile
Re: Windshield Recommendations
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2015, 06:49:47 AM »
he buddy well there are a lot of choices depending where you are at, and to be honest the venox will not handle a very big one at high speed, you will be looking at something about a size that is triple the head lamp to cover your chest so you are not riding with a parachute. the pros are you will get less wind hitting you at 100km/h which can extend your ride by about double, the con is with a windshield that size you will get wheezing in your helm from the deflected wind. if you can find one that is tall and narrow, if you are getting a two point mount then put some rubber hose on the edge of the shield and let it rest on the lamp, if you are 4 point mount then anything goes.   
take your time looking because you usually stick to it. 
Good luck!

jc27

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2015, 08:03:53 PM »
Hey Max!

Thanks for the tips, I'm a complete rookie so it's much appreciated.  Am I right to think that I'd be able to stick this on?

http://www.memphisshades.com/universal-mount/malibu

I like the look of these more than the narrow ones, I'm just worried about fit as it's not as if any of these sites list fit instructions for the Venox  :(

max oradea

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2015, 05:16:11 AM »
it should, as long as the diameter of where the head light is larger then the head light it will be ok, its just a matter of getting it in the right position with those fasteners.

Mike-the-Bike

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2015, 01:28:24 PM »
That looks like an easy windshield installation compared to the cafe fairing and windscreen I put on my Venox.  If, as Max mentioned, the windshield turns out to be too big, you could always cut it down in size, or go with a smaller "flyscreen" type--even a small shield will help break the wind.

jc27

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2015, 03:08:40 AM »
Hey Guys!

Thanks for all the tips, went with the Memphis Shades one I liked.

Picture below, I think with the debadged tank it looks incredibly sleek.

max oradea

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2015, 08:31:14 AM »
well done! looks really good! i miss those venox lines, and that smooth engine.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()