Scooters - 125 to 300 > Agility 125

Starting issue got worse

(1/7) > >>

SiRen8:
Hi Guys,
I hope somebody can point me in the right direction for a problem with starting. I'm not sure if the issue started with there being no power after turning the key some months ago but thought i ought to mention it, i seemed to have corrected that by pumping some wd40 into it a few times. Recently i noticed that the engine sounded sluggish whilst trying to start, i checked the Battery and it seemed to be ok on the Multi metre. I decided i would change it anyway but the problem was still there. I've now also changed the Starter and Starter Relay and it has got worse. The starter now just makes a whirring noise like it isnt engaging. I dont know what else to do???

Ruffus:
@SiRen8 welcome here!7
A starting issue is always to be found.
You changed already.starter motor, starter relais and battery, right?
So we hook them off.

WHERE into pumped WD 40?

Please see diagram.
There are several parts which could cause this behavior.
- first dont trust your multimeter and take a bigger battery and try to jumpstart
- no success
- check this big ground cable from battery to starter
- check cables on your starter relais, tight seat
-check sparkplug, cable and cap
- ?
Did you buy the CORRECT starter or any?
There are some which have a different sprocket!
-startermotor exact mounted with O-ring?

- your scoot has a freewheel clutch within your RH motorside, that one can stick and therefore startermotor is not engaging
Cure: startermotor out and spray this clutch with light oil

- also your kill switch or ignition switch could be a culprit
Pls check all this out, give us a feedback to learn.

SiRen8:
Hi Ruffus,
Many thanks for the quick response. Can i just confirm that to oil the Freewheel Clutch, i remove the new starter and spray light oil in the hole? Also some added info, the starter was engaging for a while but really struggling to turn the engine over then stopped altogether and now just spins...
Simon

Ruffus:

--- Quote from: SiRen8 on September 13, 2023, 09:55:15 AM ---Hi Ruffus,
Many thanks for the quick response. Can i just confirm that to oil the Freewheel Clutch, i remove the new starter and spray light oil in the hole? Also some added info, the starter was engaging for a while but really struggling to turn the engine over then stopped altogether and now just spins...
Simon

--- End quote ---
Yes right.
BUT before you remove anything try to jumpstart from a car (motor maximal idle).
Check all cables. Go step by step through all of it.

SiRen8:
Thank you, i will try all this and post my findings  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version