Author Topic: LED Head Light  (Read 845 times)

Vivo

• View Profile
LED Head Light
« on: June 26, 2012, 05:55:34 AM »
Has anybody tried this head light bulb?

blue

• View Profile
Re: LED Head Light
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 12:42:42 PM »
what looks like something from outerspace. But cool let us now how it works.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 02:56:52 AM »
I also need to know how it performs before I buy. This is an H4, just right for my scoot but I'm not sure if somebody has tried it.

shalbern

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 03:28:31 AM »
Hi,

I recall an article some time ago on them and if I remember right it said that if you don't have a special lens system to go with them, then they don't work very well as far a throwing a beam of light in the right direction.

Punk052

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 07:28:27 PM »
It will cast light out, but you need to check the lummens that it produces. LEDs are normally around 30 or so lummens. A 60 watt light bulb is 320 lummens. Then there is color or kelvin to consider. yellow 3000k and under, white 4000k-6000k, blue 6000k -8000k and violet 8000k+. Leds dont always produce the spectrum of light, so they might give off only a smaller range of visible light causing shadows on certain color objects at night. like a green or blue object would reflect no light back so it would appear very very dark. there are led head lights out there, but they are expensive and often require voltage changes to produce the brightness and range. I would like to look at the new ducati LED head light setup or the Audi A8 set up to see how they did it and got it approved for road use by the DOT here in the us and the TUV over in europe.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()