Author Topic: Kymco Auto Paint Color Match  (Read 2265 times)

shalbern

• View Profile
Kymco Auto Paint Color Match
« on: July 22, 2010, 04:17:20 AM »
Hi,

I'm trying to find an auto touch-up paint that is close to the wineberry color on my 2007 p250. I think that Dupli-Color's BCC0365 Chrysler's Claret Red (gm4/pm4) might be a good match. I just don't want to pay almost $25 for the paint and shipping for just a couple of little spots. Has any one else tired to match this color with a readily available auto paint?

Thanks

art

• View Profile
Re: Kymco Auto Paint Color Match
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 06:17:47 AM »
I don't know about matching paint but did see kymco oem stuff some where might try the dealer they may also be able to give the formula to have it matched,little fingernail vile size,actually had some for a different color that came with a used kymco scoot i bought.
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 11:27:07 AM »
Duplicolour do pressure packs of touch up paint, have a look, they may have your colour.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

winginman

• View Profile
    • Accugen DNA Service
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 01:50:45 PM »
I did a match for a silver motorcycle from the assortment at Autozone.  They let me take several outside to hold beside the bike till I found a good match.  I was repairing a cracked fairing.  Reinforced it with glass cloth and 5 min epoxy on the back side, filled crack with the spot filler they sell in a tube and sanded smooth.  I took the paint tube from Autozone and pried the top off and poured the paint into a small mixing bottle.  Thinned it a bit with lacquer thinner and used a cheap airbrush from Harbor Freight to  apply.  Polished out the edges with a really fine polish compound and buffer.  Looks good as new and saved a bunch of money over replacing the plastic fairing.  :)
Jim
09 Kymco 500Ri (His)
04 Aprilia S500 (Hers)
01 Honda GL1800 (Ours)
DNA Paternity Testing www.accugendna.com

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()