Author Topic: 1st 500 miles on Xciting 250Ri  (Read 1801 times)

Chxplyr

• View Profile
1st 500 miles on Xciting 250Ri
« on: January 22, 2012, 03:45:27 PM »
i just broke the 500 mile barrier yesterday on my brand new 2009 250Ri.
I LOVE IT!  this past week I've really just been commuting to work & back and not doing any real tooling around on the weekends like I to.  I have house guests staying with me for a while and now that i have the scooter they get to have my car all day while i drive the scooter.  no rental car for them, instead we've gone to the movies a bunch recently which as you know will drain your wallet about as fast as any other entertainment.   back to the bike.

i almost can't wait to take it back to the dealer to change out the fluids now that I'm past 500 miles.  It should be broken in good and I'm looking forward to going for a nice long Sunday scoot soon.

Slunkmonkey, you posted about a noise above 6000 rpm.  I haven't noticed that at all, but I will listen for it this week.

cheers everyone, good scootin'.     phil

CommuterScooter

• View Profile
Re: 1st 500 miles on Xciting 250Ri
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 07:48:05 PM »
i almost can't wait to take it back to the dealer to change out the fluids now that I'm past 500 miles.  It should be broken in good and I'm looking forward to going for a nice long Sunday scoot soon.

Definitely make sure to get the first scheduled maintenance and oil change on time.  I have the same bike and I noticed it still smoothing out quite a bit up to 1500 miles.  I took it easy till then and went easy on the throttle and didn't really open it up until after that.  I'm around 2500 miles and she is starting to purr like a kitten.
09 Xciting 250

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()