Author Topic: Givi Windscreen  (Read 1801 times)

spparish52

• View Profile
Givi Windscreen
« on: November 07, 2011, 04:00:18 PM »
Has anyone had experience with installing the Givi tall windscreen on a 2009 Xciting 250Ri?  I am a bit too tall for the stock screen.  Thanks.

spparish52

• View Profile
Re: Givi Windscreen
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 02:51:57 PM »
Here's an update.  Just installed the Givi D293ST windscreen on my 2009 Xciting 250.  Piece of cake!  Took about 20 minutes, only because I could not believe it was as easy as it appeared to be.  What a difference.  Riding at speed is a breeze (no pun intended).  I ride to work every non-rainy/snowy date in Tennessee.  Rode yesterday at 29 degrees F and was comfortable; even better hand shielding.  I recommend this upgrade.  Paid about $170 (all in and shipped) from Cli-Max Riding Gear out of Waco, TX.

Hoolander2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 06:11:57 PM »
Thanks for posting this, spparish52.  I'm glad to hear about the extra hand protection!  Mine should be here Tuesday and I'm really looking forward to it! 

Reading all the posts I can find about these.  There's a school of thought (which I believe is correct) says that the wind stream should not be blocked from reaching your helmet face shield.  That's because you want the rain to be able to blow off your face shield.  I read at least one guy who cut his Givi down to just the right level.  I think I may do this too.  However, I'll try to mount it in the lower of the two positions available on the Xciting first to see how that goes. 

spparish52

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 04:32:39 AM »
Hoolander:  Good luck with the new screen.  Installation is easy.  4 bolts to take off the bracket and 4 more to unbolt the old screen from the front of the scoot.  Take the 4 metal sleeves and rubber bushings out of the old screen and in the corresponding holes in the new; then replace 8 bolts.  Done.  I too have heard about the cut-down of the top edge of the screen.  So far I enjoy having the cold early morning breeze go over my helmet and miss me entirely.  As for rain, I ride as little as possible in it.  We will see when spring returns.  Let us know how your installation goes.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()