Author Topic: Front Wheel Rubs  (Read 1434 times)

Urbestfriend

• View Profile
Front Wheel Rubs
« on: October 16, 2011, 03:34:07 PM »
It's been several weeks since Urbestfriend got hit by the deer and I've worked a little every evening to get everything back up to speed.  The new rear wheel I ended up getting was silver instead of black.   My first ride around the neighborhood last week and everything was just fine.  This weekend,  I removed the front wheel, including the two rotors and speed sensor cage.  Everything was marked LH / RH.   Put it all back together.  The outside axle spacer on the left has the flange and the right slightly longer doesn't per the manual.   There is no evidence of a bent fork or any damage from the wreck.   I disassembled the pads from the LH Caliper and everthing is OK.   The issue is when I tighten the allen screw on the bottom front of the left fork,  the whole wheel tightens against the caliper.  This is
the clamp to keep the axle tight.

I ground the upper outside nub on the inside of the caliper because this is where the rubbing first was and it scratched the rotor.  Just now went a short way and you can hear it rub.   Remember everything was fine on the ride last week.
Anybody care to offer a comment ?

Hoolander2

• View Profile
Re: Front Wheel Rubs
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 11:03:41 PM »
Are both side collars installed?  It's weird that it would only rub when the pinch bolt is tightened, but tolerances are close I guess.  Seems to me it's something not re-installed quite right.  Have you tried turning the fork lowers just a tad while the wheel's off?

I would also try putting the axle in the forks without the wheel in place and screw it in very loosely just to see what it looks like then.  Maybe measure distance between forks before and after tightening the pinch bolt.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 11:08:32 PM by Hoolander2 »

Urbestfriend

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 11:08:52 PM »
Hoolander2   Thanks for your comment.  You may have in fact removed your front wheel before.
The axle is indeed a tight fit and I had to use a rubber mallet.   I currently have 3 Scooters in my Garage.
2 in front of my car which I rarely drive.  However I plan to drive it Friday,  therefore I can't investigate any
futher until this weekend.  That's ok though,  It's rained here three days this week.

Rayweddel

• View Profile
    • Lone Mountain Truck Leasing
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 06:12:18 PM »
Now a days there have been a little bit problem with Front Wheel of all kind of trucks and cars. The solutions of this problems are to be denoted that change your front Wheel with excellent Quality of Wheels.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()