Author Topic: Speedometer Issues?  (Read 4802 times)

Urbestfriend

• View Profile
Speedometer Issues?
« on: September 19, 2009, 08:53:52 PM »
Urbestfriend,  Owner of a Agility 50,  Grandvista 250 and now a 2009 Xciting 250
asks if anyone is familiar with the Speedo on the Xciting model.  My dealer is about
an hour away and I struck such a reasonable deal that it was cheaper for me to bring
the bike home rather than have him fix it and have to take it back over.  Since this bike is
new,  It unlikely that it's a serious thing.

The speedometer only goes up to 10 mph and that's all.  Think the pick-up may be magnetic off
the front wheel.   Does anyone else think they can elaborate.  The digital odometer and trip meter
seems to work.

griffon_j9

• View Profile
Re: Speedometer Issues?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 12:23:02 AM »
well this is a little different situation butttttt.... I have gv250 and the digital speedometer went out on it after only a week of owning it.  Took it back and the dealer replaced the whole digital unit free including labor free (and only took three days to get the part).  That right there made me happy and confident about kymco and there dealers honoring the warranty.

Anyway can't see why you would not go back to the dealer to get it fixed free (and my dealer is also an hour away)

anyway good luck with it what ever you find out and end up doing!

2010 Red Xciting 500RI  51 MPG so far

Urbestfriend

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2009, 02:26:46 PM »
Thanks...The Grandvista has a mechanical gear pickup on the front axle.  Can't
seem to find that on the xciting.  There is an electrical pick-up sensor,  but don't
know if that's hooked to the ABS system.  At any rate,  the dealer has promised
to call Kymco this week and give me an answer.

BnW_philocandia

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 06:03:56 PM »
try to check the connector of your speedo cable sensor if it's properly seated. if yes then there might be a problem on your cable sensor or the gauge panel itself.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()