Author Topic: People S50 2T starting problem  (Read 2176 times)

Krvavy

• View Profile
People S50 2T starting problem
« on: March 16, 2011, 08:41:31 AM »
Hello guys,

I've been following the forum for some time now but mainly in observer mode :D since my Kymco was running fine...

I said was running fine... I've had some minor (and major) issues of late;

Namely, if I try to start my scoot in the morning (or after few hours), it won't start unless I cover the air intake (and even then it takes some time) - without it, no joy. Once it starts, it works without an hitch: I can turn it off, start it again, drive it etc... but once it is off for several hours, I have to do it all over again.

I disassembled the carb, cleaned it (although I think it was sparkling clean), and still the problem persists. The spark is good, auto choke works (the service confirmed that), battery is new...

I had some bad experience with the local Kymco service in my area, and I am not going back to them.

You guys have any idea what it could be?

Thank you in advance.

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
Re: People S50 2T starting problem
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 06:17:30 AM »
Don't know man strange. Of course 2 stroke small engines are notoriously hard to start in cold weather. And Peoples are no exception.

Mine absolutely will not start with the electric starter in cold weather. I have no idea why it does this. Anyways when I first hit the electric start and it will sputter. Then nothing. And it seems like the more I try to use the starter the harder it is to start. So now when I know it is going to be hard to start I go straight to kick start. Sometimes if its below freezing and it's been sitting for a few days it takes 10- 20 kicks and sputters but eventually it will get going.

The day I learned that I had to get to school. I tried and tried and tried and never got it started. Wasnt til later on that day and about 100 kicks later that I got it started. I think the only reason I started kicking it was cause I didn't want to wear out the starter
*2010 People 50 2t with 70cc kit and more
*2001 ZX-50 beater

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()