Author Topic: Oil at exhaust outlet  (Read 1709 times)

luc1992

• View Profile
Oil at exhaust outlet
« on: November 01, 2010, 03:21:11 PM »
Hello again, i have been riding for about 2 weeks with my new pipe and larger jet now (#92) i noticed however that there is oil at the tip, there is also oil splattered on the expansion chamber (its a tuned pipe so it comes back around and the muffler lies above the chamber). Does oil coming out of the exhaust mean a rich mixture?
thanks.

Agent Bob

• View Profile

luc1992

• View Profile
Re: Oil at exhaust outlet
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 03:39:59 AM »
thanks, it seems like it is normal and also a may be running a tab rich because my engine is bogging in the midrange.

spidrgr

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 01:45:12 PM »
Enrichening the carb mixture also means your enrich your oil mixture. Too much oil in the mixture is not good, both for the environment and your engine, especially the spark plug which will tend to foul. If you burn pre-mixed gasoline and 2 stroke oil, lower your oil input in the mixture. I own many 2 stoke engined gardening machines. For all of them, manufacturers recommend a 32:1 fuel to oil mixture. Once the engines broken in, I lowered those ratios to 50:1, which is enough oil. My Lawn boy mower, which I bought second hand (15 years old) ran another 20 years ( total 35) before dying. And it was not the engine internals that wore out but a crankshaft seal that finally gave way. So, dont worry about lowering your oil ratio, the fact that you raised the fuel intake in the cylinder will cool off your engine enough so less oil is required. If you are scared, go gradually. But once at 50:1, you will notice a better running engine ( less useless blue smoke, less stuttering at low rpms or when cold) and dryer exhaust tip. Hope this helps!

luc1992

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2010, 12:21:47 AM »
hey thanks for your input! the kymco people 50 has a separate oil tank even though it is a two stroke. A pump than injects oil in the fuel, i have no control over how much oil is injected. I have tuned my mixture and it is doing much better now.
thanks!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()