Author Topic: Various help  (Read 3759 times)

juice

• View Profile
Re: Various help
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2010, 04:10:17 AM »
Be careful changing the gearbox oil . It takes .18l . I filled mine untill it started overflowing the fill hole and blew out the main seal . Good luck .

luc1992

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2010, 03:01:34 PM »
Hey, ok so i ordered the parts from a place called rocky mountain ATV, i got them on the phone and ordered it on the phone. But that is the correct part number 99101-116 is a keihin part number so on any website the part should be referenced that way.
as far as the weight of the new roller weights i do not know for sure, lighter than stock but they just came in a baggie with the pipe.
thanks for the oil change tip, i will get a syringe type thing with the metric measurements, i think i saw one the other day at the pharmacy.
Finally, i started it up this morning and i dont know if it was because it was not fully warmed up but every time i would give it WOT it would act as if i gave it short bursts of throttle, it was a little better when i got back on it a little later.

art

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2010, 05:35:54 PM »
  A k/n filter will make a difference. Your probly a little ritch at this point. This would be your next step for the 50+ http://www.sip-scootershop.com/EN/Products/M519988/Racing+variator+Multivar.aspx
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

luc1992

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2010, 11:59:43 PM »
OK, so i got the moped running where i want it, it accelerates hard however when it hits about 30mph it's like there is a dead spot in the power curve, it sort of inches it's way past 30 and starts picking up again around 33mph, i'm sure i can remedy this with some slight carb adjustments, i just wanted to post it here to make sure there was not a more important underlying problem that could cause this.

luc1992

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2010, 04:20:45 AM »
just a small update, i still have not cured he deadspot in the powerband, it happens between 30 and 35, and the mains problem is that if im cruising at say 30 and open the throttle completely to accelerate the rpm's will drop and it very slowly accelerates, it is almost lie there is absolutely no torque from 30 to 36 or so mph. Is this linked to my rollers? i am still getting great acceleration off the line. also i know someone has been posting here telling me to get a performance variator, would that help in smoothing out the powerband?
thanks.

art

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2010, 06:10:03 PM »
  It's hard to say for sure,but the rollers may be too light. The veriator and spring will help all around.
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

luc1992

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2010, 08:07:46 PM »
ok thanks for the response, i will maybe put in 3 of the old ones to see if that helps.

luc1992

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2010, 06:33:47 PM »
I dont like reviving old topics but i have another question and i do not want to start another thread.
Could it be that the supplied rollers with the tecnigas next r pipe are still a bit too heavy? and that that is what is causing a big dead spot from 25 to 32 mph? because i have tried different mixture settings, different air-box settings and that has not solved the problem.
I think the supplied wights are 4.5g each, do i need to go lighter?
thanks..

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()