Author Topic: changing exhaust / stock pipe  (Read 4588 times)

luc1992

• View Profile
changing exhaust / stock pipe
« on: September 10, 2010, 03:46:39 PM »
Hi guys,
i have had my people for a while now, i de-restricted the CDI and Boss drive. I know get 40 mph out of it. It is a 2008 model and i heard that any model after 2005 had a heavily restricted exhaust pipe. I was wondering if it was more worth it to get a new exhaust (like the leo vince TT) and rejet the carb, or just modify the stock exhaust and leave the carb alone. I have not taken my stock pipe off yet so i have no idea where the restriction is. The only modification i did to it was cut and seal that pipe the extends out to nowhere (i believe it is called a ghost pipe).   

art

• View Profile
Re: changing exhaust / stock pipe
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 07:54:04 PM »
 I have not seen anyone mod a newer stock pipe with success.(doesn't mean it can't be done) No results posted yet.
 40 mph is a bit slow with the mods you have done allready 50 is common. You should have an #85 main in there at this point,and a 1/4 inch hole in the airbox for best results.
 If your going to buy a pipe i'd get the tecnogas and consider running at least a #95 main for a start. and open the airbox with a k/n filter. Hope this helps I missed your post earlyer,my computer has been acting up  ::)
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

cygnusx8

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 11:38:24 PM »
You better off getting a new pipe preferably one with an expansion chamber for more power. I personally don't like Leo Vince pipes. I'd suggest a Technigas one instead. Check out Scooterworks. They've been having some good sales on Kymco parts lately.

art

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 01:51:26 AM »
 I like this at least. The rs if planing a b.bore kit .   http://www.sip-scootershop.com/EN/Products/TE0609503R/Racing+exhaust+TECNIGAS+Next+R.aspx

luc1992

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2010, 02:54:51 PM »
Thanks for the response guys, i will check my jet when i get a chance (i bet they restrict it there too in the newer models).
I can hit 50 but only on a long enough slope, otherwise it's 40-43 (depending on wind ahaha) and that is indicated of course. I have not gps tested it however i did have a friend follow me in a car and tell my i was going 45+ on flat grounds, so could it be that my speedometer is on the other side of the spectrum (lower indicated than true?)
Anyways, first things first, i am going to open up the carb and check the jet# (clean the carb while i am at it). I will keep you guys updated with my progress and purchases.

"edit" : do the pipes for the kymco super 9 have the same mounting points and cylinder connection? because the link posted by art says the pipe is for kymco super9.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 02:58:54 PM by luc1992 »

art

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2010, 07:40:53 PM »
  If you scroll to bottom of the page the models it fits are posted. I think the s9 and people have the same motor,just different carb and intake.(not confirmed)

luc1992

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2010, 08:08:18 PM »
ok i will take that into account thanks.
I will be reposting shortly with a list of upgrades i am thinking to buy so you guys can tell me what you think.

luc1992

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2010, 12:55:44 AM »
Ok so here is what i am thinking of ordering from S.I.P scootershop (here is the link to the home page) http://www.sip-scootershop.com/main/base/Home.aspx?_language=EN

I realize the company is based in europe but even with shipping it is the best deal i can find. If anyone has any feedback about thiks website that would be great.

So, the Next R tecnigas exhaust, a 95 Dell'Orto main jet and an E5 malossi air filter.

thanks again for any imput.

art

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2010, 04:21:06 AM »
  I don't think the jets will work for ya. The keihn jets are a pain in the arse. I would go for a k/n filter if ya can find one but any will do to start. Try this place or drill your own jet. I think the Keihin Small Round 99101-116 Main/Pilot Jet are the proper ones double check your carb model. They have made it difficult to get others that fit.  http://www.pjmotorsports.com/keihin-jets.html#main jets . Sip is a great store but a bit of a pain to navigate and make sure you have the right stuff before you order. It's my faverite place for most things.

luc1992

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2010, 12:41:25 PM »
Ok thank you for the info. I might just call up my local kymco dealer about the jet's they have helped me out with other stuff before and i am sure they have some jet's laying around in their inventory. As for the filter, i know SIP does not have K&N and on the K&N website the compatibility matcher does not show any for the people. I will keep searching though.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2010, 01:57:28 PM »
For a k&n filter, measure your carb inlet diameter and work out the length and diameter you want and then check their web site. Look at their universal filters under your size. For example, mine is 48mm carb inlet so I looked under 48mm for the size I wanted.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

luc1992

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2010, 03:40:41 PM »
good tip, thanks for that info. I wonder if they sell them around where i live, i dont want to oay the shipping for my order from SIP and my order from K&N so i would rather order everything from one website, (in this case SIP since that is where i am ordering my pipe) and get the rest at a local store.

art

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2010, 07:25:41 PM »
 I think the people carb diameter is 36mm you could go as high as 44mm but thats pushing it. If you go to a local shop bring the jet with you.They can usually match it. There are only a handfull of models that use this carb,most of the larger jet were made for quads. Thats why alot of us drill our own. You may want to pick up the variator and some 7.5g weights from sip when you order its the cheapest I have found anywhere  ;)

luc1992

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2010, 08:27:36 PM »
i will think about that, i am saving a significant amount from the pipe so i guess i could get a variator, any suggestions as to which one to get?

art

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2010, 08:38:55 PM »
http://www.sip-scootershop.com/EN/Products/M519988/Racing+variator+Multivar.aspx . About the best you can get plus spring and some rollers  ;)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()