Author Topic: Sure. NOW they come out!  (Read 4528 times)

paper

• I like naps
    • View Profile
Re: Sure. NOW they come out!
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2014, 05:26:39 PM »
I found a really nice little 4 1/2' ultra light.. Most of the streams I'm fishing are less than 5-6' wide and it's more like hunting than fishing.. Lots of pitching under branches to get into the hiding spots..  8)

My Helix's rear seat handles are perfect for dropping the rod into, and I just carry a soft cooler with bait, hooks, sinkers, a beer, and maybe a cigar..

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2014, 10:22:05 PM »
I found a really nice little 4 1/2' ultra light.. Most of the streams I'm fishing are less than 5-6' wide and it's more like hunting than fishing.. Lots of pitching under branches to get into the hiding spots..  8)

My Helix's rear seat handles are perfect for dropping the rod into, and I just carry a soft cooler with bait, hooks, sinkers, a beer, and maybe a cigar..
I bought the bait, the license, rod & reel.....figured out a way to get it all on the scoot.
Everything showed up but the darn fish!
After 3 days I quit making myself crazy.....and just went back to scootering at sunrise!
I saw my bobber move one time. I think. (there's only so many places I can fish from a scooter 'round here)
Here's a picture of me heading across the dam with very high hopes!
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2014, 04:18:09 AM »
Paper...I , too , love trout fishing and Scootering. Have a packable LL Bean (yeah, I live in LL Bean State ) spin/fly rod Combo that fits perfectly under my seat  ;)

no self respecting  fly fisherman would even bring up spin in the same sentence.  Blasphemy!  ;)

« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 04:20:00 AM by TroutBum »

paper

• I like naps
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2014, 03:04:52 PM »
no self respecting fly fisherman would even bring up spin in the same sentence.  Blasphemy!  ;)

Where I fish, fly's are what you swat at... When the stream is in the woods, and 5' wide, a fly rod can't be used. It's hard enough to set the hook with a 5' rod, let alone twice that.. :)

It truly is like hunting where I fish.. You must sneak up on pools and attempt at flipping upstream, under branches or over grass without spooking them.

I can't wait for season to open, but then again, it's snowing outside right now, and my yard is still 3' deep in snow. :(

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2014, 03:33:37 AM »
Hey, when LL Bean has a deal (outlet store) on a Combo kit that packs, easily, under my seat I buy it. It traveled back to Michigan with me to fish for some VERY LARGE Salmon ( on the spin rod ) and some smaller stream trout on the fly rod. My Grandfather even taught me how to "jack" Bullfrogs when going for frog legs and didn't use a fly rod for that , either .  :o
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

Momma bear

• View Profile
Sure. NOW they come out!
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2014, 09:31:25 AM »
Amazon still sells the Ronco Pocket fisherman for $20. Ron Popeel, making like better for just $19.95, or some multiple of that.
People300i

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2014, 12:05:34 AM »
Amazon still sells the Ronco Pocket fisherman for $20. Ron Popeel, making like better for just $19.95, or some multiple of that.
I love the fact that we can hi-jack posts all over creation on this forum.
Seriously - this kinda stuff would bring down the rath of buddy and vespa owners! (not going to capitalize - so they can't find me!)
Just a bunch of free thinking scooter nuts here. Love it!
I'm afraid I test the parameters more than most - but so far nobody has burned a set of Kendas in my front yard!
Not Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

paper

• I like naps
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2014, 12:11:42 AM »
I love the fact that we can hi-jack posts all over creation on this forum.
Seriously - this kinda stuff would bring down the rath of buddy and vespa owners! (not going to capitalize - so they can't find me!)
Just a bunch of free thinking scooter nuts here. Love it!
I'm afraid I test the parameters more than most - but so far nobody has burned a set of Kendas in my front yard!
Not Stig

Some call it hi-jack, I call it entertaining, positive conversation..  :)

If we were sitting around a campfire, would each conversation continue without offshoots? Not a chance!! :) The good forums are just electronic fire pits.  8)

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2014, 12:12:54 AM »
 ;D

Not     bluesin , either
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2014, 01:57:09 AM »
, Nice fire Paper.
Pour me another cup of Joe, I'll get the donuts out of my top case.
Man, that looks warm!
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()