Author Topic: Anyone found touchup paint yet?  (Read 6254 times)

duesouth

• View Profile
Anyone found touchup paint yet?
« on: May 15, 2013, 08:26:40 PM »
I'm holding my breath to see what will come to the U.S. first, the Xciting 400i, or touchup pain for the DT. The the Orange DT has a few miles, and in need of touchup, but my dealer says he can't get it, and I can't find it online. Anyone else know where to get some?

Oldie

• View Profile
Re: Anyone found touchup paint yet?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 09:25:58 PM »
I had talked to my local Kymco dealer about touch-up paint and he said it wasn't available for the Downtown!
Said I should check with our local paint shop that supplies paint for body repair!  They do have a computer setup
and they make an aerosol Spray can of the color you need for a match.   Trouble is the cost of $30 USD per can!
I wanted just the little bottle with the brush in it...Keep us informed if you find any,  Good Luck.

Oldie
Thanks,  ED
Silver Bullet- 2011 Downtown 300i

duesouth

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 08:46:43 PM »
I would've paid $30, but the shop I went to had to mix up a lot of paint and it would've cost a few hundred. Perhaps I should try another shop. The replacement part that needs it most is only $75.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 05:22:44 AM »
How big is the scratch? can't you put a small decal or sticker maybe to cover it?

naughty lee

• 64 mph and pushing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 07:30:36 AM »
I normally use a wax crayon to fill the scratch then color magic wax

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2013, 07:35:05 AM »
The easiest is Black... I use black paint pen....

maxhush

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2013, 04:08:25 PM »
I've used black shoe polish to cover up scuffs on black before.
2013 Kymco Downtown 300i
2010 Honda SH150i

duesouth

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2013, 07:44:36 PM »
I bought some carbon fiber to cut up an put over it, just not sure I really like that option. I'm trying to keep an eye out for an orange that's close enough. It would look better than the white. Can't believe Kymco doesn't offer touchup paint.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2013, 01:49:05 AM »
I would've paid $30, but the shop I went to had to mix up a lot of paint and it would've cost a few hundred. Perhaps I should try another shop. The replacement part that needs it most is only $75.

The shop that I know doesn't have to mix a lot of paint... the computer scans your color and it can get the right shade in just one or two tries....

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2013, 03:52:26 AM »
   what is the best filler for deep scrapes, auto body fill?? plastic hot melt ?? 

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2013, 05:18:15 AM »
   what is the best filler for deep scrapes, auto body fill?? plastic hot melt ??
I use auto body filler...

There's Kymco Touch Up Paint listed here... I don't know if they're legit...

http://www.trikezone.com/scooter-accessories.php
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 06:01:30 AM by Vivo »

moparkid

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2013, 04:40:03 PM »
Well...so far I am 0 for 3 when it comes to matching Dupli-Color touch up paint from O'Reilly's for my white DT 300. These will not work unless close is good enough. Just for future reference so you dont go out and drop $8.00;

1. Hyundai Powder White Pearl, stock # HY 01805 ( closer to off white )
2. Subaru Glacier White, stock # SU 01344  ( close, but not quite)
3. Toyota White Pearl, stock # TY 01626  (more like egg white but shiny)

So today I am going to buy 3 more and that is all. If these dont match then I am going to go with the closest match and let it go.

Went to Hobby Lobby and picked up a Testors enamel paint marker, stock # 2545 in gloss white. Almost a match, but a lil bright to my eyes. Wife swears you cant tell it unless you actually point it out. Would post a pic but not smart enough...lol.

BTW...I did go to the website listed by ViVo and they sent back an email saying that they didnt carry that color for any Kymcos. ANd they are located in Canada and I suspect maybe the Pearl White DT is not available there. I could be wrong, but they did have Burnt Orange, Red and Silver.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 10:49:36 PM by moparkid »

mrmike

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2013, 10:03:30 PM »
      When I had my two-tone (black & tan) People 150, I wanted to paint a tan stripe on my Shad topcase to match the scooter. I took the tan handlebar cover to Home Depot. They put it under some kind of scope, and got an exact color match for me. I think it cost about $10 for a quart of exterior gloss enamel that matched perfectly. I brushed it on, but you could thin it out and spray it.
Blue '23 People S 150i ABS   Moto Discovery GPS bar, Shad SH33 top case, Iridium spark plug, Black reflective graphics.         

Past rides- '73 Honda 450, '00 Harley Softail Deuce, '10 Kymco People 150, '12 Kymco GTI 300, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i

ride4fun

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2013, 07:19:16 PM »
Has anyone checked a hobby store? They might just have it.
Bonnie
Thanks,
Bonnie

feebleknievel

• View Profile
    • Kickin Country hITS
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2013, 09:15:06 PM »
oldie ..I had talked to my local Kymco dealer about touch-up paint and he said it wasn't available for the Downtown!..i've got a guy who says he can get it for me if it's the correct color ill let everyone know.i should have it by the end of next week

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()