Author Topic: Check engine light and blink code - can you tell me why?  (Read 9158 times)

Scoundrel

• View Profile
Check engine light and blink code - can you tell me why?
« on: April 09, 2013, 01:18:23 AM »
I have a 2009 Xciting 250 Ri.
It has 1220 miles on it.

I just noticed a check engine light.
On the center stand with kickstand up and ignition on, I see a blink code.
It does 4 long blinks and then 5 short blinks. My manual does not seem to include diagnostic codes.

Can anyone tell me what this means?
I've done some searches but have come up empty.
Dealer is closed today, will ask them tomorrow.

It's very low on gas but did not run out.
I killed the battery at one point by not getting the seat shut all of the way, but I charged it up and it was fine after that.
It's been sitting for a while (months), and I noticed the light after 1st engine start after it had been sitting.

However, it starts right up and runs perfectly. No hesitation, no lack of power.

Any ideas?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 01:40:19 AM by Scoundrel »

Scoundrel

• View Profile
Re: Check engine light and blink code - can you tell me why?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 02:32:36 AM »
Anyone?

I called the dealer today, and so far they're blowing me off.
I called in the morning shortly after they opened. They said they'd research it and call me back. They didn't.
I called again a couple of hours before they closed. The guy who answered went and talked to the first guy, then said he hadn't forgotten about me and he'd research it and call me back. No call by the end of the day.

Tomorrow afternoon I'm driving it over there and parking my butt in their lobby until they give me an answer.

But if someone here had the codes, I'd sure appreciate it.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 02:37:51 AM »
I think you really need a code reader. Meanwhile, you can check your oxygen sensor for loose connections or dirt. Or it may be a damaged sensor.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 02:42:08 AM by Vivo »

urgay

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 04:55:43 PM »
You should consider not being a jerk. I found your post because I work for a dealership and am trying to find the answer to this exact question and can't. I have access to all service manuals and find NOTHING. Your dealer doesn't have time to deal with passive aggressive little twits like you.

urgay

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2013, 07:58:05 AM »
I found the answer.

AMAC1680

• Outdoorsman, Advocate, Paraplegic
    • View Profile
    • SEGS4VETS
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2013, 10:00:07 AM »
You should consider not being a jerk. I found your post because I work for a dealership and am trying to find the answer to this exact question and can't. I have access to all service manuals and find NOTHING. Your dealer doesn't have time to deal with passive aggressive little twits like you.

and you sir should give serious consideration to who pays your salary. Sometimes in life we have to suck it up and deal with people that may or may not be reasonable, and do so in a professional manner.

From the original post I don't see it as being a jerk. What is, IMO, "jerkey" is to post " I found the answer" then follow that up with nothing. Not what I would expect from a professional.

I notice you have little info in your profile and you don't mention who you work for.
Of course I would hope that your employer is happy you didn't mention the company name....

Customer is still king.

Be Big,
AMAC
www.SEGS4VETS.org
2017 Lance Cali Classic 200i
2013 SYM RV200
2013 Kymco Downtown 300
2010 Lance Cali Classic-sold
1973 VW Dune Buggy
1974 VW Meyers Manx

Vivo

• View Profile

bleys

• Ride what you like, not what other's like.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2013, 04:04:04 PM »
I have the same scoot - year and model.  At 1200 miles the change oil light will come on automatically as a reminder to change the oil.  This will happen at every 1200 miles until the button is reset.  However, I don't recall the light blinking.  Still, this may be part of the answer?  Hope this helps.
Bill
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
2009 Xciting 250Ri - gone :(
2014 Honda CTX700N

MotoRandy123

• Lets Ride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2013, 08:15:48 PM »
I was trying to reset the trip meter on my Yager and the scoot started blinking 4 or 5 times at me.
That's the code for TPS. I finally got the trip reset and shut it off and it hasn't blinked since...
2012 Yager GT 200I - Southern NH

ScooterCommuter

• View Profile
Re: Re: Check engine light and blink code - can you tell me why?
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2013, 11:15:00 PM »

Dude,  chill. He wasn't being passive aggressive he was just reacting like any customer would to being promised a callback and not getting one, even one to say "we can't find you an answer,  sorry"

Treat your customers like an inconvenience and sure, they will treat you like sh**,  and you know what? That's a sign you're doing the job wrong. You could be the best mechanic in the world but if you treat me like that I'm buggered if you get to work on my ride.

Doesn't matter if you're fixing bikes, writing software or managing a brokerage account. If you promise a customer or a business partner something, you follow through and see that they get it. Because if you don't then you are setting yourself up for either losing the job or if you own the business bankruptcy.

urgay

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2013, 11:38:30 PM »
Nowhere in this guy's story did I hear "I promise I'll call you back today." And going in and sitting there until you get an answer is being pretty passive aggressive and obnoxious.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2013, 01:47:20 AM »
Nowhere in this guy's story did I hear "I promise I'll call you back today." And going in and sitting there until you get an answer is being pretty passive aggressive and obnoxious.
....and the customer is always right!...

urgay

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2013, 02:58:07 AM »
....and the customer is always right!...

Not true.

urgay

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2013, 03:00:53 AM »
Oh. And, guess what. He's not my customer so I get to tell him he's a jerk.

AMAC1680

• Outdoorsman, Advocate, Paraplegic
    • View Profile
    • SEGS4VETS
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2013, 10:18:45 AM »
Oh. And, guess what. He's not my customer so I get to tell him he's a jerk.

How big of you.
Why don't you tell us who you work for ?

Ah the anonymity of the Internet at it finest.

AMAC 
www.SEGS4VETS.org
2017 Lance Cali Classic 200i
2013 SYM RV200
2013 Kymco Downtown 300
2010 Lance Cali Classic-sold
1973 VW Dune Buggy
1974 VW Meyers Manx

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()