Author Topic: Need to repair a 2004 Venox  (Read 2769 times)

jrob36109

• View Profile
Need to repair a 2004 Venox
« on: January 29, 2013, 12:51:14 AM »
Hi. I recently bought a 2004 Venox that has been sitting up for about 2 years. I am not that knowledgeable when it comes to motorcycle repair and would like to know what i should do. I live in Montgomery, AL and have tried looking for any shops that are familiar with them, but most have never even heard of a Venox. Can anyone give me any advice??

max oradea

• View Profile
Re: Need to repair a 2004 Venox
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 02:17:53 AM »
well if its been standing for 2 years then the 1st thing you do is change the fluid, all of them.
Here is a shopping list
1 break fluid.
2 5w50~10w40 motorcycle oil synthetic. dont get car oil!
3. coolant anti-freeze according to your winter storage.
4. 5L of fresh gas.
things to buy other then liquid
1 air filter
2 oil filter
3 battery
4 spark plugs

Things to do
1 drain and wash the fuel tank and dispose the old fuel
2 change break fluid
3 drain coolant (but dont refill yet)
4 take out carburator and clean the jets front and back separately because main jet and needle are different between front and back so not to mix them two up (what you really need to do is make sure the jets are not blocked but since you are at it might as well clean all the orifice with carb cleaner and compress air) idle mixture screw 2 turns out to start with> more adjusting when you balance the carb.
5 put back the cleaned carburater with the new air filter.
6 refuel the tank with 5L so not too heavy if you need to redo the carbs and put in new anti-freeze mixed cooolant, replace with new spark plugs
7 start and warm up the bike to change oil, while changing the oil check the level of your coolant because it may need topping from the radiator cap. be careful because it might be hot.
8 take it to a bike shop to balance the cylinders via the carburator balance bolt (dont let them charge you for valves and compression checks unless it runs very bad and can not be balances via the carb.)
9 ride around and check for oil leaks and coolant over flow bottle under the seat.

I have a 2004 one as well so know inside out front and back. can help you with most of the problems.
good luck!

max oradea

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 02:20:50 AM »
oh and by the way, the full manual can be downloaded and put on to a tablet or printed out. its step by step with photos so you can do it all yourself unless when some special tools or equipment are needed.
its not hard at all just need a logical head and fine patience.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 07:08:18 AM »
Try to look for a Honda shop. The Venox engine is a clone of the Honda Magna 250. There may be some differences but the basic parts are similar with the Magna.

jrob36109

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 09:54:54 PM »
I'll see if I can find a Honda Shop. I am sure that the carb is gonna need to be rebuilt. It sat up with gas in it before i got the bike.

Also, I have been wondering where to get parts for it. I need a new acceleration handle and brake handle. It was tipped over and the old one snapped off. I was also wondering if there is a good saddle bag for it.

thomestayler

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2013, 05:43:34 AM »
Venox 2004 seems old bike and also not much popular brand as well. So, far I didn't found any of new bike from this brand. This must be trouble to find this brand's parts but, although try to search online to get Venox parts. If you don't found them online than use another brand's parts which can work properly on your bike.

kpolykarpou

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2013, 08:18:09 PM »
Does the machine of Honda magna 250  fits on venox ? How about the 750 ?

supicas

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2015, 07:34:36 AM »
Is the transmisson part similar on the honda magna?

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()