Author Topic: Had An Accident  (Read 4162 times)

skidad

• View Profile
Had An Accident
« on: June 25, 2009, 02:57:06 PM »
   Hello All,
  Yesterday afternoon headed West @ 10th Street and First Avenue Downtown Minneapolis, Swerved to avoid a Mercedes who was pulling over for an Ambulance.He did not see me,I hit the brakes for a quick stop but, could not get my feet to the street In time.My S-200 just tipped on top of me,and pinned me down.I reached over and shut it off with the Kill Switch.About 20 people came to my aid,righted my scoot. 1 minor scratch on the Front Fender and snapped off the Left Winker Light.I have a tiny scrape on my Left Elbow.i already ordered a new Winker from the folks @ Scooterville, In my opinion The Twin Cities Premier Scooter Dealer, with Sales And Service second to none!!
  There Is an awful lot to be said for Safety Gear, I had on my Helmet,Leather Gloves,and my Joe Rocket Riding Jacket,A couple oof people here at the Restaurant where I am the Executive Chef have been giving me a hard time of "How can you wear that Jacket when It Is so hot outside? It has been In the High 90's here In Minneapolis the last couple of days.With all the vents open on the Jacket that I wear for Scootering It Is not not at all uncomfortable.
  So I guess that's all for now all, Wear that safety gear!!!!!! Have Nothing Short Of A Terrific Day !!!

Ski-dad

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
Re: Had An Accident
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 12:06:38 AM »
...wow...glad ur okay...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

momontheloose

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 04:10:51 AM »
Good for you for wearing your gear. Ever seen pictures of road rash? Nasty bad. I'm glad you're o.k. Doesn't sound like that accident could of been avoided. Moms always make their kids wear helmets for a reason. I always wear mine.

skidad

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2009, 02:19:26 PM »
Yup, Safety gear all the way!! Just turned 3500 miles on my S-200, trouble free all the way.My new turn signal assembly just came In @ Scooterville yesterday,I am going to pick It up today.Install will take about 10 minutes as I have already had It apart once already.Scooterville Is The Twin Cities Premier Scooter Dealer - #1 in Service & Product Knowledge.If you are In need of anything In regards to your scoot,there really Is only one place to go; Scooterville !!!

Have Nothing Short Of A Terrific Day !!

Ski-Dad

momontheloose

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2009, 12:04:05 AM »
I live in the Minneapolis area also. Do you ride with a group at all? I ride occasionally with the Heck's Angels.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2009, 02:02:34 AM »
Glad your ok skidad, Did they give you the blinker? Should have for the good copy! be safe.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2009, 10:13:21 AM »
Last week hit with my new quad (I have posted the pics on the forum) curb by the side of the road, flipped over, hit the road with my head and rear shoulder and quad landed on me.
The quad is pretty much wrecked, I had slightly sprained shoulder and road rash all over.

I am getting better, now I have problem to get spare parts for Bashan (Chinese) quad. Does anybody have idea where to look in USA?
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

skidad

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2009, 12:15:54 PM »
No free Blinker,However I got a Brand New; " Get Chased By Better Looking Dogs" T-Shirt From Scooterville yesterday when I picked up my parts.Everyone there rules!! Really a great shop with terrific service and a great selection of accesories.I am having a Big BBQ bash @ my house In September and the whole Scooterville gang Is invited as well as a couple hundred other people.
As for riding with any groups I have not as of yet,however I cater Scootervilles Winter Open House ( I'm A Chef) Last year they had a couple of hundred people there.When I have a chance I am going to ride the Rattle My Bones Rally with my wife,She has a Buddy 125 In Pink!!!

Have Nothing Short Of A Terrific Day All,

Ski-dad

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2009, 04:41:59 AM »
The t shirt is worth the price of the blinker. As for the quad parts, try looking up the manuf dirrect. You may need a translate program, but i do believe w/ the short shelf life of the chinese stuff, that may be your best 0ption
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2016, 10:28:12 AM »
Yep....armored motorcycle jackets are warm on hot days...even good mesh ones.
But if you ride a scooter you've already made that decision.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()