Author Topic: New Kymco Super 8 150cc Pics  (Read 19656 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: New Kymco Super 8 150cc Pics
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2014, 05:34:14 PM »
That's a cool looking color. I like it.
search around the forum for Head Light issues. You will find a bucket load of them. They use a "module" that controlls the headlight. Finding the fixes for that now will help you later.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Amaro321

• View Profile
New Kymco Super 8 150cc Pics
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2014, 11:20:19 PM »
Quick question, I know it's random but what psi do you S8 150 use in your stock tires ?

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2014, 12:43:43 AM »
The max inflation is marked on the sidewall of the tire. The service manual will have the recommended values for single rider, and one passenger.

"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Amaro321

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2014, 02:45:21 AM »
That's a cool looking color. I like it.
search around the forum for Head Light issues. You will find a bucket load of them. They use a "module" that controlls the headlight. Finding the fixes for that now will help you later.
I see, thank you Zombie. I guess ill see what my dealer says about it. that should definitely be covered under warranty, however I wish I could get them to stay fully on and get the little light bulbs to turn on as well without voiding my warranty :/ .
I just hope she holds up because my commute consists of a solid 50 mph drive for like 15 minutes. can that harm the engine ? i try to vary the speed but I HAVE FAITH IN DA SUPA lol i feel like I have created this bond with it lol is that weird?

Amaro321

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2014, 02:48:17 AM »
Quick question, I know it's random but what psi do you S8 150 use in your stock tires ?
Oh i knew that BUT do you guys that have this same bike find that it rides optimal with both tires at (32psi) like the tire wall says? :/ im trying to get the best fuel economy i can without sacrificing speed  ;D if thats even possible lol

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2014, 04:49:35 AM »
You will have to vary rpm to properly seat the rings. I've opened thousands of engines, and almost 80% (guessing) have "blow by" markings on the pistons. this usually only happens from improper break in.
Just vary the rpm for the first 200 miles, and all should be good.

By little lights do you mean the cowl lights? The OEM space for the front blinkers?
Lots of people here have done this mod, and there are never any issues.
The modulator is another ball of wax. The bypass used by many here is NOT a Kymco OEM type thing. The dealer MAY give you grief if you modify that, so I would let them handle that issue. Maybe go ahead, and buy a second module to carry if you have to ride after dark. Or at least a big, bright light to get you home in case of a failure.

For the tires... I ride in a 1-2 mile "loop" around a station w/ an air pump, and experiment. Varied terain/curves/straights ect. That way you can always air up if you go too low. 30psi plus or minus 4 is about the limits of what you want to try. Most find a couple less in the front to suit them best.

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2014, 04:54:38 AM »
Max psi will be good for mpg and top speed! Not good for rain however. Also just make sure you change and check your oil frequently, I've had customers blow up their super 8 from extended high speed and low oil. 50mph actual speed is getting pretty close to the top.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

Amaro321

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2014, 02:44:37 PM »
Nice! Great info guys. You have steered me in the right direction! Thanks. I am going to get a service quote from the dealer on that oil change if not I'll do it myself. And my tires are 31.5 in front and 32 in back. I guess that'll do.

Amaro321

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2014, 02:45:34 PM »
😳 and I hope I don't blow her up. I might have to upgrade since my commute is pretty much a straight run for 20 some minutes.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2014, 03:46:03 PM »
IMHO your best bet will be in opening up the airbox, and switching to a larger carb. That will allow more fuel/air/power, and equal less throttle. You have somenting around a 28-30mm cvk carb. going up to a 32-34 will do the trick

Amaro321

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2014, 03:37:34 AM »
IMHO your best bet will be in opening up the airbox, and switching to a larger carb. That will allow more fuel/air/power, and equal less throttle. You have somenting around a 28-30mm cvk carb. going up to a 32-34 will do the trick
NICE!! thats good to know and something i am looking forward to doing  ;D its exciting since in not too mechanically experienced, lol if that makes sense. But OMG i got Soooo lost on my way home to day it was ridiculous, because it was all ups and downs twists and turns! and it was dark. I definitely need to atleast upgrade my bulbs to Sylvania Platinums :/ but yeah i think thats a great project to take on. are there any specific write ups you may know of for this particular bike sir? and would I have to upgrade Intake and exhaust? I wish to keep it as stock as possible; however I will do what i have to to make it reliable.

Also, (since i have your attention, which i appreciate) is it ok to do my first gear and engine oil changes between 300 - 400 miles (which i currently have on it)? or did I wait too long? and will it void my manufacturer warranty?
Thanks So Much!!

BTW I finally invested in a decent Joe Rocket helmet today which i caught on sale and it helped so much on my way home, I can do a review if you guys are interested idk... Im just frunning my mouth lol, I do that when it gets late (weird i know lol)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2014, 04:54:37 AM »
Headlights I can't really help with. I have an old Harley light on one bike, and a pair of projection lamps w/ LEDS on another.
I never really cared about quality lights cause to me they all suck.

For the oil changes... It's no issue. the break in oil is pretty weak so the sooner the better but no issue.
I run Napa 90wt synthetic in all my gear cases. Including marine.
Full synth for the engine of any brand is about the best you can ever do. Regular car oil. No need for motorcycle specific stuff cause these aren't motorcycles.

For the helmet... Kudos!

Amaro321

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2014, 03:28:35 AM »
Nice ok, I did my first engine and gear oil change today and it was pretty simple and straight forward
And it was a nice day to ride, everyone was out today!

And I guess I'll try something like royal purple on my next oil change
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 12:07:31 PM by Amaro321 »

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2014, 03:44:24 AM »
I've never used it but have only heard spectacular reports on it. Nice choice!

Amaro321

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2014, 07:11:42 PM »
Question. How can I Keep my Engine temp down? I'm afraid of ruining it by running it at 50 Mph for miles. I saw an engine scoop online but idk if that will work. Should I modify the air box or something. Idk

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()