Author Topic: Bintelli Scooters?  (Read 19057 times)

KennyT

• View Profile
    • www.KensFeaturedHomes.com
Bintelli Scooters?
« on: November 05, 2012, 01:28:06 AM »
Hello all. Perhaps you are aware, I am aggressively pursuing my own dealership in or around Naperville, Illinois. I have posted about this, and will repost links at the bottom of this for those looking to catch up...
I recently was contacted by a company out of Florida name Bintelli Scooters. Has anyone heard of them?
I assume they are typical Chinese bikes, distributed out of a Florida based company.
I have read plenty about the low quality of Chinese bikes, but that alone won't rule it out for me or my dealership.
I would love to sell Genuines, Vespas, Kymcos, or Aprilias, and continue to look into those. Honestly, those generally look for more seasoned dealerships with very deep pockets...
I am still in the planning stages, and realize there are many challenges that lay ahead, so we don't need to rehash those...
But I am interested in all posibilities. So any info/thoughts on Bintelli would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Ken

Check out these related links:

http://activerain.com/blogsview/3485557/chasing-a-dream-the-naperville-scooter-store
http://activerain.com/blogsview/3498567/naperville-investors-420-436-washington-naperville-il-60540

http://www.facebook.com/NapervilleScooter

http://www.facebook.com/Bintelli?fref=ts
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 01:54:08 AM by KennyT »
2009 Kymco Agility 125
Have fun and enjoy the ride!

tortoise

• View Profile
Re: Bintelli Scooters?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 05:44:53 AM »
DO NOT jerk everyone's chain by starting new threads in multiple forums for every potential business aspect!  Perhaps a grade schooler can show you how to Google and search forums.

KennyT

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 06:44:00 AM »
?  Am I jerking your chain?  Strange comment.  Is there a problem with posting on multiple forums?  Different perspectives...
Perhaps you should get a life.
Thanks for stopping in!
Ken
2009 Kymco Agility 125

Zimmerman

• ---------
  • Northeastern Pennsyvania USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 10:19:48 AM »
Hey Kenny,

Don't know about this scoot.  It looks like that place in Florida rents them.
You should go there and rent one for a few days.  Really put it through it's paces.
That way you'll know if it's good.

Also the distributor is in Florida too, right ?  As a potential dealer you should check them out too.
Make the most of the trip, if there are other distributors in that area see them too.

Best wishes with your scooter biz.

Kevin
Kymco Yager GT200i
Kymco People 150
Yamaha Riva 125

MotoRandy123

• Lets Ride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2012, 01:14:05 PM »
From my reading around some chinese scooters are better than others.

There are 5 or 6 manufacturers and hundreds of assemblers. One thing
I noticed is some make more power than others. You can look on the
EPA certification list to see who is certified to sell here and how much
power they make.

Here's a quote from another site" Tomos has their scooters built by SYM in
China just like the Lance Cali Classic and, for one year, the Yamaha Zuma 125.
 You can't go wrong at that price. A dependable engine, first rate components
and 12" wheels. I would imagine once broken in it would do a real 55 mph all
day, no problem.

I have a friend who rides a Tomos Chinese Scoot and it has given him
exellent service. Tomos has exacting standards and the Chinese will build to them
or lose the account.

BMS scooters are built by Znen. Tomos scooters are built in SYM's factory in China. Most of the Taiwanese have factories in China for cost purposes but have higher standards than the run of the mill Chinese factory, the exception being CF Moto. The Kymco Super 8 and Agilities are built in China and have reputations as excellent as their Taiwan built stablemates

Tomos has a 49cc scooter made there (Nitro). Supposedly it's manufactured in a plant controlled by SYM. Your next bet would a 49cc Flyscooter. Leon Li insists on top quality from the Znen plant, always.

To clarify even further there are some companies that are just assemblers in China but the bulk of the engines are built in China. I know for a fact that Znen and Bashan build their engines in-house from parts they buy from outside sources. In Flyscooter's case they specify numerous Japanese pieces in their engines. Pistons, rings, cranks, seals and other bits. Other companies order Chinese substitutes, which can work just as well, but Leon wants that extra safety in his scoots. I've seen the inside of a GY6, "Made in China" stamped on numerous pieces.

ZNEN GROUP (Zhejiang Zhongneng Industry Group CO.,LTD.) is one of the largest manufactures of automobiles, motorcycles and motor scooters in China. Established in 1996, the Group has maintained rapidly sustained and stable development for 12 years.

Chongqing Astronautic Bashan Motorcycle Manufacturing Co. Ltd is mainly a manufacturer of motorcycles, which incorporates research, manufacturing and marketing of motorcycles, ATVs, engines and their parts. Located in Huaxi Industrial Park in Banan District, Chongqing, Bashan Company occupies an area of 100,000 square meters, capable of producing 100,000 ATVs, 600,000 motorcycles and 1,000,000 engines per year. "

You have to look at the underlying parts for the real manufacturer.

Here's a list of EPA certs I saved just for fun to compare power outputs of various models"

Alliance Powersports,HD 200 HD 200 EVO RV 200 RV 200 EVO,11,kW
Alliance Powersports,Citicom 300i,16.9,kW
Alliance Powersports,Mio 50,2.8,kW
Alliance Powersports,Symba 100,5.0,kW
Alliance Powersports,Classic 150,9.2,kW
American Suzuki Motor Corporation,DR200SE,14.9,kW
Amstar Motors LLC,ZN250T-10 ZN250T-18 ZN250T-18A ZN250T-39B ZN250T-39C ZN250T-9 ZN250T-B ZN300T-10 ZN300T-18 ZN300T-18A ZN300T-39B ZN300T-39C ZN300T-9 ZN300T-B,13.5,kW
Amstar Motors LLC,ZN250T-10 ZN250T-18 ZN250T-18A ZN250T-39B ZN250T-39C ZN250T-9 ZN250T-B ZN300T-10 ZN300T-18 ZN300T-18A ZN300T-39B ZN300T-39C ZN300T-9 ZN300T-B,13.5,kW
Chironex Inc.,Chironex Chase 150 Chironex Vinny 150,6.2,kW
Cobra Scooters,Madass 125,6.5,kW
Genuine Scooters LLC,Blur SS220i,11,kW
Genuine Scooters LLC,Buddy 50 Roughhouse 50,2.4,kW
Genuine Scooters LLC,Buddy 125,7.1,kW
Genuine Scooters LLC,Buddy 125,7.1,kW
Genuine Scooters LLC,Buddy 170i,8.2,kW
KYMCO USA,Yager GT 200i,15.4,kW
KYMCO USA,Downtown 200i People GT 200i,15.7,kW
KYMCO USA,Downtown 300i People GT 300i,20.9,kW
KYMCO USA,Xciting 500 Ri Xciting 500 Ri ABS,26.4,kW
KYMCO USA,Like 50 2T Like 50 LX 2T Super 8 - 50 2T,2.8,kW
KYMCO USA,MOVIE 150,9.9,kW
KYMCO USA,Agility 125 Super 8 150,7.3,kW
KYMCO USA,Agility 125 Super 8 150,8.1,kW
KYMCO USA,Agility 125 Super 8 150,7.8,kW
KYMCO USA,Like 200i Like 200i LX,8.5,kW
Panther Motors Inc.,P100 P125 P150,7,kW
Peace Industry Group (USA) Inc.,TPGS730-250 TPGS731-250 TPGS732-200 TPGS733-200 TPGS733-250 TPGS734-200 TPGS734-250,11,kW
Piaggio Group Americas Inc.,Vespa GTS 300 Vespa GTS Super 300 Vespa GTV 300,15.8,kW
Piaggio Group Americas Inc.,BV 350 ie,24.5,kW
Piaggio Group Americas Inc.,Vespa LX 150 ie Vespa LXV 150 ie Vespa S 150 ie,8.7,kW
Qlink L.P.,QLINK SM200-A QLINK SM200-B QLINK XF200 QLINK XP200,11.5,kW
Taotao USA Inc.,ATM150-B ATM150-C BWS 150 CY150-B EVO 150 LANCER 150 PALADIN 150 POWERMAX 150 ROMAN 150,5.5,kW
Yamaha Motor Corporation,TW200D1 TW200D1C,11.0,kW
Yamaha Motor Corporation,XV250D (V Star 250),16.4,kW
Yamaha Motor Corporation,XT250D XT250DC,14.2,kW
Yamaha Motor Corporation,WR25RD WR25RDC,22.0,kW
Yamaha Motor Corporation,YW50FDB (Zuma 50F) YW50FDR (Zuma 50F),3.0,kW
Yamaha Motor Corporation,XC50DW,3.1,kW
Yamaha Motor Corporation,YW125DB (Zuma 125) YW125DL (Zuma 125),6.8,kW
Yamaha Motor Corporation,YW125DB (Zuma 125) YW125DL (Zuma 125),6.8,kW "

Notice the Genuine Buddy 170i at 8.2 kw, that must be a mistake. I know the Yager
 is a mistake as it make 11.4 kw or 15.4 HP.

I'd do some research before signing on with any Chinese distributors as some are much better than others.
You would need to have first rate service to entice customers to buy and have parts quickly available.
One thing I've noticed is the lack of accessories from some manufacturers. People like to add a windshield,
top box or add to the performance so at least having a catalog that people can get this kind of stuff from
would be nice. Good luck on your venture!

« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 01:37:04 PM by MotoRandy123 »
2012 Yager GT 200I - Southern NH

MassScoot

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2012, 11:03:26 PM »
KennyT: 1st off no worries about Bintelli inquires (i.e. Tortoise) I looked @ the Bintelli Havoc 150cc very hard! It was between that & the Kymco Super 8 150. The difference in price is about $600.00-$700.00 in favor of Bintelli. I purhcased this scooter to leave @ my parents home in Florida that I visit 4-5 times a year. Bintelli is made by Znen manufacturing in China. Znen is by far & away the best scooter company on the mainland (& getting better each year) I think Bintelli is trying to go about setting-up dealer network correctly here in the states (slow, but steady) The main thing is they are stocking parts in the Florida warehouse, which is key! I contacted the guys @ Bintelli (Jason & others) several different times & they are there to help you in any way.

A few things I like about the Bintelli line-up. The scooter is delivered to the dealer (or you if there is no dealer near by) complete in a cardboard box. No crappy steel frames to deal with, tire set up & cables to deal with. Just install the mirrors, add some gas & you're ready to go! Also 2-year warranty (yes...it's a real warranty) Also...they use Deni carbs, NGK plugs, Duro tires (on par with Cheng-Shin, Maxxis etc.), Motobatt batteries, Gates belts, Halogen lights & Stainless-Steel hardware.

When I went to inspect a Bintelli Havoc 150cc & I amazed @ the fit & finish! The plastics were on-par with the Kymco Super 150 no question. It looked very well put togther. I wasn't allowed to take it for a test spin, but the dealer kicked it over via the electric start & it turned-over with one pull. In the end, I purchased a Kymco Super 8 150 because the dealer was appx. 20+ miles away. If I had a Bintelli dealer within say 40-50 miles...I would have pulled the trigger on the Havoc 150. The nearest dealer near my parents home was over 100+ miles & that was the deciding factor for me.

BTW....I'm not in any way affilated with Bintelli scooters @ all (see my signature below) If you can get in on the ground floor with Bintelli, I wouldn't hesitate for one minute. I really like them & I think we'll all know the name within a few short years from now.

Good Luck!

Alex   

Gloucester, MA. (Home of the Perfect Storm)
2012 Silver Kymco GT300i (Biondi Windshield/Shad SH40 Cargo Topcase)
2015 White Honda PCX150 (Shad SH37 Topcase)
2013 Yellow Lance PCH125 (Shad SH33 Topcase)

MassScoot

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2012, 11:19:03 PM »
KennyT: I posted this reply on October 8th on the Kymco Super 8 150cc forums (page 1 last thread)

http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=7789.0

KennyT

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2012, 11:26:17 PM »
Hi Alex, Randy, and Zimmerman.  Thanks!
I was originally skeptical of the Bintelli, but they did contact me via FB, which I appreciated...
The more I read, the more I like.  I hope they add a bigger one, but in the meantime I am sold on Bintelli.  I figure as a new distributor, they might give my startup a second look, where Vespa may not...
Also, I like their customer/dealership first philosophy and the two year warranty...
I may buy one soon to see how I like it!  Slightly feel I am racing against time, because they have no Chicago area dealers, and I would LOVE to be the first...
Thanks again guys for the great feedback!
Ken
2009 Kymco Agility 125

MassScoot

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2012, 12:45:29 AM »
KennyT: I feel bad I didn't give the business to Bintelli. Example: I didn't really like the color schemes on the current Havoc 150. Guess what Justin said? No problem! Let us know what color you want & we'll get it made for you. Come on....That's insane! This is a company that wants to be better then everyone else. If I was you....I would seek out a line like Bintelli.....Reason? You'll come-in @ a shorter coin vs. Kymco & SYM & I think they'll hold-up. After a few years of being in business....You might pick-up a really soild line & have Bintelli as your "semi-economy" line-up! It's a win-win IMHO. Nice to hear that you're considering going into the scooter market! I think it's only going to get better as gasoline prices will continue to rise & people will look for other alternatives for transport.

Please keep us "up-to-date" on your progress!

Alex

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2012, 01:37:26 AM »
KennyT, my experiences with chinese scooters are these :

1. They have great engines... just a bit of tuning and they'll give you thousands of miles.

2.  Check for structural durability... some brands have poor welds...some have good ones.

3.  Paints are not good and the clear plastics deteriorate very fast under the sun.

KennyT

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2012, 04:13:19 AM »
Hi Vivo.  I certainly have heard this too, yet no personal experience...
I have heard the factory makes a big difference, however, and believe Bintellis are made at the best factory in China...
I also hear good things on the finish...
I may buy one to test.

Perhaps a powder blue Vibe like this one:

Fairly close to my Agility in terms of size, but the color and the retro look would make it fun.
Also, since the size is similar, it would be a close comparison.  I could judge the public response, and see how it holds up to a bit of rough handling...
If it falls apart, which I doubt, the MSRP is only $1599, so it would be cheaper than starting Naperville Scooter as a Bintelli dealership, and then regretting it (again, I doubt it).
Thanks again!
Ken
2009 Kymco Agility 125

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2012, 12:15:08 AM »
DO NOT jerk everyone's chain by starting new threads in multiple forums for every potential business aspect!  Perhaps a grade schooler can show you how to Google and search forums.

Really, why not put your thoughts in a PM. Your still new here as am I, but man your a bit on the strong side, don't cha think?
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

KennyT

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2012, 03:42:28 AM »
Hi 0807.  Thanks for sticking up for me.  Weird how some want to be so bitter.  How have my posts offended anyone?  Certainly, I am getting great info from various forums.  I have searched google, and find some.  And I have.  However, the info I get on this forum, and the relationships I am developing are priceless...
Thanks again!
Ken
2009 Kymco Agility 125

MotoRandy123

• Lets Ride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2012, 03:16:08 PM »
 They sound like a good company just no bigger engined bikes that some people might like to be
able to jump on the highway. I guess you can add that later.

Kids love the 50's as they can ride before getting their licence. The 125 and 150's are great around
town but to do 60 - 65 in comfort you need a bigger engine. I have a 175cc and it's still too small to
feel safe on the highway (it's only 5' long). 

I don't think you come off as trying to sell anything. You have links people can visit if they like and
are just enthusiastic about a new venture. This board is pretty slow so your not clogging it up in any
way. There's a lot of people around with info that can help you avoid mistakes. Good luck!
2012 Yager GT 200I - Southern NH

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2012, 04:24:43 PM »
They sound like a good company just no bigger engined bikes that some people might like to be
able to jump on the highway. I guess you can add that later.

Kids love the 50's as they can ride before getting their licence. The 125 and 150's are great around
town but to do 60 - 65 in comfort you need a bigger engine. I have a 175cc and it's still too small to
feel safe on the highway (it's only 5' long). 

I don't think you come off as trying to sell anything. You have links people can visit if they like and
are just enthusiastic about a new venture. This board is pretty slow so your not clogging it up in any
way. There's a lot of people around with info that can help you avoid mistakes. Good luck!

So where's the "like" button?
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()