Author Topic: Lights mods to my scoot - back end  (Read 1656 times)

AVGuy

• View Profile
Lights mods to my scoot - back end
« on: October 15, 2012, 12:05:16 AM »
I think I've maxed out the # of lights I can add to my scoot, so here are some pics. Most of the them came from superbrightleds.com.
My cheap top case had a lens across the back but no lights. I added 3 strips of leds, the center one wired as a running light.

And the top and bottom strips wired to the brake lights.

Then I added two more strips on the top lid wired to the turn signals. You can see the unlit strip in the top pic. They're black and blend into the case well. Being flexible, they wrap around the sides so they're visible from the back or sides.
Grand Vista 250
"Big Scoot"

Urbestfriend

• View Profile
Re: Lights mods to my scoot - back end
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 03:20:10 PM »
AV Guy...Urbestfriend says he knew you had it in you to do
this nice job......

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2012, 05:39:52 PM »
I take it you cant remove the topbox now its wired up? Reason i aak is i have a similair box for my scoot with the same band on i hat i couod fit lights in, but i only use the box when i have stuff to carry, wouldnt have it on all the time, so it may be a pain for me to have to hok up the wiring unless i used some kind of plug arrangement.

Does look way cool tho.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

AVGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2012, 10:31:42 PM »
The top box was given to me by my brother-in-law. The latch to take it off the luggage rack was broken, so I had to permanently bolt it on, which meant I didn't have to use some kind of automotive wiring disconnect plug to be able to take it on & off easily. Though I don't think that would be hard to do. You can get the male/female plugs capable of multiple connections at the parts store. You'd just have to do some planning ahead of time.

Thanks Urbestfriend. I mounted my horn like you did and it certainly gets the cagers attention.
Grand Vista 250
"Big Scoot"

MotoRandy123

• Lets Ride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2012, 11:15:09 PM »
I had a GIVI once and they offered a light kit. It had a connector in the base that lined up
with a connector in the mount that passed power for the lights. Just snap it on and it was
connected.

Here's a link;

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/14/71/986/37768/ITEM/Givi-Stop-Light-Kit-for-E30-Top-Case.aspx
2012 Yager GT 200I - Southern NH

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()