Author Topic: Agility 'bogging down' at pull away  (Read 3728 times)

Old Git

• View Profile
Agility 'bogging down' at pull away
« on: October 01, 2012, 05:29:18 PM »
As the previous thread, my son has an Agility 50, was working fine but he announced today that it wasn't working right!!! OK..he's not interesed in mechanics, leaves that to me (aren't I lucky  :D). If it was a Vespa, Lambretta or even an old Brit it wouldn't be a problem. So its struggling when pulling away at junctions and from reading the previous thread I believe it could be auto choke or carb problem...... right folks where do you get spares for a Kymco? started with google but can't seem to find Agility spares. HELP!!!! please and thank you.

skippy

• View Profile
Re: Agility 'bogging down' at pull away
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 05:37:48 PM »
where you from? id also check the cvt. belt condition clutch rolers etc

Old Git

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 07:53:24 PM »
Checked the under the trans cover & everything looks in really good condition as expected for a low mileage 'ped, so I didn't strip the variator, but how he describes it, it seems unable to rev (late picking up) when pulling away, then it's fine until he stops again. I'm from the Dereham area, I noticed from the last thread Whiteknight is from the same area.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 10:01:04 PM »
any choke of a gy6 scooter well fit on it so if you have a moped or scooter shope close by they should have one on stock......... and go over the scoot and clean the air filter and maybe clean the carb.but it does sound like your choke is sticking on.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2012, 10:01:49 PM »
also try seafoam it might free things up.

bootscooterboogie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2012, 03:17:01 AM »
also try seafoam it might free things up.

Seafoam is sent from heaven...  I put a cap full in every tank fill up.  It kept my Yamaha running trouble free (at least as far as carb / fuel supply issues are concerned).  When I first got my Zuma, it was pretty tired.  I figured it was starting to lose compression.  But, I went ahead and put the Seafoam in and after a couple of tanks with it running through it - it was like a new scooter.  Ever since then, I put just a bit in every tank of gas.
2009 Kymco Agility - 50cc
1999 Yamaha Zuma - 50cc (sold but not forgotten)

"If stupid people were trees...  I'd be living in the enchanted forest..."

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2012, 06:29:54 PM »
Sounds like a carb or transmission problem.

Poss could be split inlet manifold, wrong jetting, blocked carb jet, sticking rollers, blocked air filter or air hoses, blocked fuel filter, worn torque spring, wrongly set air/fuel mix screw.

You can get parts from any kymco dealer or many online scoot shops based here and abroad.

This place for example is ok for some basic stuff http://www.chinesemotorcyclepartsonline.co.uk/viewcat_3041_AGILITY50.php

Or PedParts,

Or SIP Germany

Or ebay

Or loads of other places, type in Moped parts into google UK and you'll find loads.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

whiteknight

• ..Knight Tweed..
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2012, 09:36:22 PM »
go into google and type "139QMB spares" that will bring up everything you need just dont try searching GY6 parts because not all GY6 engines are the same and it can cause alot of problems when it comes to fitment and stuff.

or if you feel like doing some welding work you could just sling a 139QMJ engine in and watch his face when he twists the throttle  :D :D
Courage is measured in how much tyre you use.

2010 Kymco Agility 72..Naraku 72cc race cylinder...Naraku 50cc race head
Naraku Race CDi...Polini free flow filter...Motoforce Racing Carb
NGK Irirdium plug...Naraku Race Variator...Malossi fly clutch
Stage 6 cnc clutch bell...1500 Rpm torque sprin

skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2012, 10:31:03 AM »
old git.... is there an update on your sons scoot?

Old Git

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2012, 07:16:39 AM »
Right cleaned out the carb & it was full of silver fines, blew it through & asked him to try it for while. Better but not right was the assessment!! So went to see see Kickstart and got a second hand carb, new air + fuel filter, also changed the plug whilst I was in there area. Spot on runs better than when he got it. Thanks for your help & input guys.....now wonder if I can get him to clean it???

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2012, 01:33:55 PM »
Right cleaned out the carb & it was full of silver fines, blew it through & asked him to try it for while. Better but not right was the assessment!! So went to see see Kickstart and got a second hand carb, new air + fuel filter, also changed the plug whilst I was in there area. Spot on runs better than when he got it. Thanks for your help & input guys.....now wonder if I can get him to clean it???

What you mean geting him to clean it. Is he takeing it off road... they are very funn off road But that means lot more care for the bike to keep it runing good the air box and carb dont like dirt.

Old Git

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2012, 02:40:03 PM »
No we just live in a very rural area and it looks as if it could be ploughed...now when I was his age........ ;D

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()