Author Topic: CELP Indicator Light Remains Lit  (Read 5658 times)

Oldscoot

• View Profile
CELP Indicator Light Remains Lit
« on: September 22, 2012, 01:26:09 PM »
Yesterday when I started the bike the CELP indicator light (looks like an engine) came on and remained on.  This light will blink if there is a problem with the EFI system and will light momentarilly if you exceed the RPM limits. My light is not blinking and I do not exceed the RPM limits.  I'm going to take it to the dealer and have him run a diagnostic check - but - in the meantime has anyone had any experience with this issue?

Oldscoot

• View Profile
Re: CELP Indicator Light Remains Lit
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2012, 07:28:28 PM »
The dealer used the Kymco diagnostic tool and it showed an issue with the fuel pump.  Although the bike is running strong we ordered a new fuel pump through warranty.

Oldscoot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 12:14:08 PM »
The dealer replaced the fuel pump under warranty.  It was a fairly simple process and the code light has now turned off. 

bleys

• Ride what you like, not what other's like.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2012, 12:51:36 PM »
Glad your issue resolved easily....thanks for passing on the information.
Bill
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
2009 Xciting 250Ri - gone :(
2014 Honda CTX700N

sissy mary

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2012, 03:04:16 PM »
So if the pump was working fine, why did the light come on? Was it something electronic in the pump aprattus that was failing? Was the pressure down a little? If the dealer knows this it would be good to know for everyone who has a fuel injecked bike so that they can look out for this if it happens to them down the road. :-*

racewalker

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2012, 10:45:38 PM »
The fuel pump relay will cause the same light. I removed mine by mistake and turned on the key. I was trying to find the 2 relays for the head lights. I have a kymco OBD reader so was able to test and clear the fault light.
08 People S 125
11 Downtown 300i

Oldscoot

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2012, 01:36:13 PM »
So if the pump was working fine, why did the light come on? Was it something electronic in the pump aprattus that was failing? Was the pressure down a little? If the dealer knows this it would be good to know for everyone who has a fuel injecked bike so that they can look out for this if it happens to them down the road. :-*

The mechanic thought it was probably a small vacuum issue.

Oldscoot

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2012, 01:53:53 PM »

After a 100 miles or so the light has come back on.  The chances of having two faulty fuel pumps back-to-back is slim - so it must be something else.* I'll keep everyone posted.

*N.B. The Vespa 300 GTS series was manufactured with a large number of bad fuel pumps. Until Vespa stepped up - people were replacing the pumps with equally faulty pumps. I am assuming since nobody else has experienced the same issue - the problem is my bike and not a larger issue with pumps.           

fshfindr

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2012, 12:45:17 AM »
Yesterday when I started the bike the CELP indicator light (looks like an engine) came on and remained on.  This light will blink if there is a problem with the EFI system and will light momentarilly if you exceed the RPM limits. My light is not blinking and I do not exceed the RPM limits.  I'm going to take it to the dealer and have him run a diagnostic check - but - in the meantime has anyone had any experience with this issue?
Oldscoot, Where did you see that it will blink if you go over RPM limits?  I have been looking for that since I have the same problem.  My issue was with the air filter.  Mine just blinks, it does not stay on.

Richard L.
Richard L. in Bellmawr
Keep The Rubber Side Down & The Helmet Side Up

Oldscoot

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2012, 02:57:37 PM »
Oldscoot, Where did you see that it will blink if you go over RPM limits?  I have been looking for that since I have the same problem.  My issue was with the air filter.  Mine just blinks, it does not stay on.

Richard L.

I saw that in the owner's manual description of the various warning lights.

BTW - the newest test code is showing a faulty O2 sensor. I've got a new one on the way and will let you know how that works out. 

Oldscoot

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2012, 01:47:25 PM »
The dealer replaced the O2 sensor and the light has remained off.  It was done under warranty.     

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()