Author Topic: 2006 Kymco People 150 stalling  (Read 1736 times)

rmb

• View Profile
2006 Kymco People 150 stalling
« on: August 20, 2012, 02:41:03 PM »
Hey guys,

So on my way to school today I was driving my people 150 and after driving for about a mile my scooter wouldn't go past 40 miles an hour and then sort of died. I managed to start it back up again about 10 minutes later. When I tried to start it in the beginning, I could hear the engine wanting to start but as I held the electric start it went "click click click" really fast. It also wouldn't kick start.

I finally got it to start and then drove another .2 miles (when I got to the supermarket) turned it off and came back about 10 minutes later to go to school. It wouldn't start again and the same clicking sound was back. This time, it started more easily - I was able to kick start it this time. I let it idle for 5 minutes and then drove the mile to school. I was able to get it up to 45, but I didn't want to risk stalling again so I laid off the throttle.

I bought the scooter a week ago off craigslist and have been driving it almost everyday since and have never had this problem. (I didn't drive it on Saturday/Sunday, though.)

I don't keep it in a garage, because I don't have one. And when I came out this morning the scooter was wet from the morning dew.

Any suggestions on what it could be?

Thanks!

Thewanderingped101

• View Profile
Re: 2006 Kymco People 150 stalling
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 09:35:04 PM »
Has this issue re occurred? I'm also facing the same problem :-\

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()