Author Topic: Anyone know where the fuel filter is on the Like 200i?  (Read 4401 times)

kriden

• 2012 Like 200i
    • View Profile
Anyone know where the fuel filter is on the Like 200i?
« on: August 09, 2012, 02:39:14 AM »
With so much talk about the quality (or lack of quality) of gas in this country, I just realized that I have no idea where the fuel filter is on this scooter.  I have looked but can't find it.  I believe it is in the tank as part of the fuel pump that is required for the fuel injection.  But without access to a service manual, I don't even want to think about looking closer.  If anyone has any ideas, please let us know.  Thx! 

big blue

• View Profile
Re: Anyone know where the fuel filter is on the Like 200i?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 03:25:08 AM »
Hi kriden, Sorry I don't know the location of the fuel filter on the Like 200i but I'm glad you posted the pic with the seat removed. It give us all the view we all wanted. You are correct about not having a clue without a manual to go by. Your photo reveals a lot about the engine compartment. Can anyone familiar with these engines tell me if that is the spark plug lead at the top of the cylinder or the injector? If it is the injector is the plug on the right side of the head? Thanx in advance.
2012 Kymco Like 200i LX (Sold)  Salem, Oregon USA

Dolemite

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 03:06:45 PM »
yeah, that would be a good thing to know. The manual says to change the "screen", but doesn't mention where it's at. From looking at other kymco scoots, it looks like they use inline filters. Just from looking at this photo this looks similar to others i've seen. I'd have to take my seat off to double check. In your pic, right in front of the tank in the center it looks like an inline filter. Maybe right.... maybe wrong.

big blue

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 02:28:42 AM »
Hello kriden, You are probably right about the filter it sure looks like a tank filter. Thank you for all the pics. I understand that the shop manual is available to dealers as a cd or download. When I go in for the first sevice next week I'm going to ask if I can get them to burn me a copy.
2012 Kymco Like 200i LX (Sold)  Salem, Oregon USA

Coachz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 01:04:47 AM »
what is a tank filter and how do you clean it?

MotoRandy123

• Lets Ride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2013, 09:52:06 AM »
2012 Yager GT 200I - Southern NH

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()