Author Topic: Great little pony!  (Read 46043 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Great little pony!
« Reply #255 on: May 03, 2016, 01:43:44 PM »
... so what do you reckon Stig ?  They're the same bike hey .. just slightly different tanks , air filter cover cylinder cover fins and rear mudguards . So ... was Kymco building those for Honda ??  But you know what .. I reckon the venox is a better looking bike !   8)
Well I'll be darned....
Yes, I knew about the Honda connection....read recently on Kymco site that they have also been working with other ATV makers of late.
Thanks for the post and the pix. So, no other Kymco shares this engine - an ATV or?
Was reading about a Honda bike that shares half a Honda Fit engine.
Years ago, in Massachusetts - there was a Buick dealer that gave you a free Honda car when you purchased a Park Avenue.
Ride safe down there
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 04, 2016, 10:53:51 AM »
 :D
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 08:49:29 AM by Hairy Bob »
Damn the torpedoes .. full steam ahead !

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 11, 2016, 10:51:09 AM »
???  Far out gang ... I'm in a TOTAL state of dilemma !!  As I've always maintained, I really love the pony. She looks spunky and she been such a trusty steed !  Now... here's my bloody dilemma ... the money is sitting in the bank ready to go and the missus keeps telling me " just  do it " !  So I've got the " All systems go " so to speak to go and buy a brand new toy . All I have to do is go to the Yamaha dealer and do the deal ! But as I just said .. I really dig the pony, and if I could, I would keep her as well, but I can't ride two bikes, and would be down right dumb to be paying two lots of rego and insurance etc. So what should a bloke do you reckon ?  Here's what I'm looking at buying .. a brand new one of these ... 
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 11:14:10 AM by Hairy Bob »

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 12, 2016, 09:42:00 AM »
 :-\  ... the things that make you go " hmmm " I guess ...
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 09:45:33 AM by Hairy Bob »

MJR

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 12, 2016, 04:34:46 PM »
I really dig the pony, and if I could, I would keep her as well, but I can't ride two bikes, and would be down right dumb to be paying two lots of rego and insurance etc. So what should a bloke do you reckon ?  Here's what I'm looking at buying .. a brand new one of these ...

I don't have anyone to tell me what to do so I have 6 bikes, a truck, and two Jeeps. I say do what you want but if you do buy the new bike at least maybe hang on to the pony until you get whether or not you like the Yamaha.
'03 Clipper Yellow Honda Reflex
'03 Coast Cyan Atlantic 500
'14 White MyRoad 700i
'09 Mirage White Burgman 650
'06 Oort Gray Burgman 650 project
'05 Sonic Silver Burgman 650 project
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650, rebuilt/upgraded CVT w/Polish adapter
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650 parts bike

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 15, 2016, 09:01:34 AM »
Well ... after a whole lot of soul searching and procrastination, I finally did it gang ... I've let the pony go and I bought a brand new 2016 Yamaha XVS650 V Star Classic. It really is a quality built motorcycle I do have to say, and the extra power is nice.   But I must admit, as much as I really like my new ride, I was a bit sad on the last ride on the pony to the Yamaha dealer, to be parting ways with her, to the point that I nearly turned around a couple of times and not go ahead with the deal at all, as silly as that may sound to some people. I truly do not have a bad word to say about the Venox. I was really impressed with how well the she went for a little 250 ... as I've always said throughout this whole " Great Little Pony " thread ..  she took me where all the bigger bike were going , no problem at all. She was a tuff and reliable little brumby over the four and bit years I rode her and she never let me down. I am very glad I had her for the time I did.
Ride safe gang.
Best regards
Hairy Bob  8) 
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 11:19:12 AM by Hairy Bob »

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 18, 2016, 11:39:34 AM »
Holy Dooly gang ... I feel like such a traitor !  Is anyone still talking to me ?  ???

MJR

• View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 20, 2016, 09:23:19 PM »
Don't matter to me what someone rides, all that matters is that you enjoy it.  8)
'03 Clipper Yellow Honda Reflex
'03 Coast Cyan Atlantic 500
'14 White MyRoad 700i
'09 Mirage White Burgman 650
'06 Oort Gray Burgman 650 project
'05 Sonic Silver Burgman 650 project
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650, rebuilt/upgraded CVT w/Polish adapter
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650 parts bike

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 22, 2016, 08:39:40 AM »
Too true !  Thanks MJR.
Ride safe Amigo  8)

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 22, 2016, 05:36:20 PM »
I'm with MJR. Ride what you like and don't judge others what they ride, well, except, maybe 2016 Yamaha XVS650 V Star Classic.  :P ::) ;D

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 23, 2016, 10:43:24 AM »
Now now Troutbum ... that's not very nice. You can just go and stand in the naughty corner for a while for that little comment, and don't come out until you want to be nice to people   ;D ;D ;D ;)

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 23, 2016, 06:33:53 PM »
Standing in the naughty corner is fun.  ;D

Kidding aside that's a nice looking cruiser. Will you make it into a bagger or leave it as is?

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 24, 2016, 11:08:36 PM »
Hey there Troutbum ... you can come out from the naughty corner now  ;D ;D ;D.
I'm just going to put the backrest, saddlebag supports and engine bars on her .. similar to how the pony was. The saddle bag supports and engine bars have arrived already, I'm just waiting on the backrest to turn up now.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 10:20:36 AM by Hairy Bob »

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 24, 2016, 11:13:42 PM »
Update us with pictures when it's done. Don't forget the chrome polish. You'll want to keep it nice an shinny.  8)

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 25, 2016, 08:45:20 AM »
 ::) Fair dinkum guys !!!  I don't know weather you noticed or not by the photos of the pony throughout this thread, but yer uncle Hairy Bob likes to look after his toys ... and just to be a show off, I'd even go as far as to say that the pony looked as good, if not even better when I traded her than the day I bought her over four years ago !  So don't you guys go worrying yerselves too much about me having to keeping Black Beauty's spokes and shiny bits clean okay  ;) :) 8)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 09:53:17 AM by Hairy Bob »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()