Author Topic: Great little pony!  (Read 46041 times)

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
Re: Great little pony!
« Reply #240 on: January 23, 2016, 11:02:58 AM »
Hey ... d' yer like her butt badge ?  :)
Damn the torpedoes .. full steam ahead !

xsel777

• View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 23, 2016, 05:50:35 PM »
What kind of bull is this......?  [emoji6]

Sent from my Samsung Note 3 with Tapatalk
2010 Kymco Xciting 500Ri-Dark Blue

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 24, 2016, 03:33:37 AM »
G'day xsel777.
 Nothing wrong with a bit of bull mate ... infact somtimes , there's nothing better than sitting around a table with old friends,  having a few beers and seeing who can tell the biggest load of bull !   ;D ;D ;D
Ride safe Amigo.
Regards , Hairy Bob.  8)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 08:49:08 AM by Hairy Bob »

xsel777

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 24, 2016, 06:34:23 AM »
I could'nt agree more

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 24, 2016, 10:41:00 AM »
Hey xsel ... I see you're in Cape Town.  I reckon there'de be some pretty good riding country around where you are ... how about flicking us some photos.

xsel777

• View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 25, 2016, 05:53:52 AM »
I ride  a lot, if I am not sleeping, I am riding.. :)
All for biz.
But, I am going to get together with another Capie (slang-pronounced cape-e) for a week end fun ride soon.
I am sure I can manage some pics then.

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 20, 2016, 10:26:38 AM »
Hey there gang. Hope all's well out in motorcycle and scooter world for everyone and you're  getting some good rides in here and there .
Have any of you Venox riders happened to have changed the headlight bulb to a bit brighter one ? The one that's currently in mine is a 12V 35/35W , but I was just reading in the service manual specs that it's supposed to be a 12V 60/55W ... does anyone know if that's right or not ... it seems like one hell of a difference ?

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 20, 2016, 03:07:59 PM »
Hey there gang. Hope all's well out in motorcycle and scooter world for everyone and you're  getting some good rides in here and there .
Have any of you Venox riders happened to have changed the headlight bulb to a bit brighter one ? The one that's currently in mine is a 12V 35/35W , but I was just reading in the service manual specs that it's supposed to be a 12V 60/55W ... does anyone know if that's right or not ... it seems like one hell of a difference ?

Hello Robert,
Can't help with your tech question - but agree, that seems like a heck of a difference. Anything in there going to melt with that hotter bulb?
My question: When did Kymco stop making the Venox?
I saw a lightly used one at my local dealer here in SW Ohio when shopping my first scooter in 2013. Wasn't sure what to make of it - especially when I figured out that it was a 250 7 that those metal panels were to make the engine look bigger. ? What a crazy thing to do! - but it did go with the over-all "big bike" low rider look.

Ride safe, Sitg
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 20, 2016, 04:45:20 PM »
if your bulb is a H8 or a H11, you can go for a LED bulb kit ,  same wattage,  35,  35,   or is it a high beam and low beam bulb, need the numbers from your bulb,

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 26, 2016, 11:12:43 AM »
Hey ther Stig and de dee. Thanks for the replies. Hope you guys are going well and enjoying your Easter break. Firstly,  to answer your question Stig ... their still selling the Venox over here in Oz.  I do really have to say mate that the pony has been a damn reliable bike. I've had her for about four years now and still really dig riding her. I  get plenty of comments on what a nice looking bike she is , and it blows people away when I tell them she's only a 250 !  I think I may have mentioned a while back that I got the go ahead from the Boss ( the missus  ;) ) to get a bigger bike if I wanted to,  but fair dinkum guys , she easily does the speed limit we have over here, and she's served me so well .. why would I ?. When I first bought her, I must admit that I didn't take it all to seriously because she was the first road bike that I'd ridden .. I'd always had trail bikes , but here I am nearly four years later, and as I just said , still really enjoying the ride .
And hey there de dee .. you know what ... I reckon I should just leave her stock and not stuff around with anything.  You know the old saying ... If it's going okay .. leave the bloody thing alone !  :)
Ride safe guys.
Best regards.
Hairy Bob  8).

« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 10:29:48 AM by Hairy Bob »

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #250 on: May 02, 2016, 08:32:32 AM »
Hey there gang ... scored the pony a couple of these nice little metal chrome badges ...

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 02, 2016, 08:48:09 AM »
 8) ... and you know what .. I reckon she really digs them ! She looks happy out for a gallop in the countryside hey  8) 8) 8)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 02, 2016, 07:49:42 PM »
8) ... and you know what .. I reckon she really digs them ! She looks happy out for a gallop in the countryside hey  8) 8) 8)
Nice picture!
How many miles on your Kymco?
Do they use that engine in anything else they make?
Reliable?
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 03, 2016, 10:52:04 AM »
Hi Stig. How are you going Amigo ? Well, the pony's got nearly 17000 klms ( about 10500 miles ) on her now, and yes, she has been a very reliable bike. As I've said all along throughout the whole Great Little Pony thread - she takes me where all the bigger bikes are going ! I know some people must be sick of hearing me say that, but it damn well true !!  I always go on decent rides on her most weekends .. coastal runs and out through them thare hills and out in the countryside. Did you know that Kymco have been around since the early sixties and were in cahoots with Honda for a long time ? And apparently, they still make parts for other major brand motorcycles as well ! Look into their history , you may find it interesting. In fact The Honda VT250 Custom, which I think was released as the Honda 250 Magna over your way are the same bike as the Venox ! Check this out ... if these aren't the same bike ol mate, I'll eat my hat ..
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 10:32:27 AM by Hairy Bob »

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 03, 2016, 11:24:11 AM »
... so what do you reckon Stig ?  They're the same bike hey .. just slightly different tanks , air filter cover cylinder cover fins and rear mudguards . So ... was Kymco building those for Honda ??  But you know what .. I reckon the venox is a better looking bike !   8)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 11:26:37 AM by Hairy Bob »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()