Author Topic: super 8 50 headlights..  (Read 17033 times)

moz76

• View Profile
super 8 50 headlights..
« on: May 02, 2012, 02:34:08 PM »
hi all , first im a scooter virgin and new to the site so hello ... right im a total novice , i bought the super 8 50 4t for my son and now both headlights dont work , indicators and side lights ,brake lights are fine but no full beam ,.. i have no idea how to take thing apart on a scooter so please help , now the lights worked previously but after being in storage for a few months leading upto his cbt they have stopped working ... any ideas welcome ..thanks...
I can not be a traitor, for I owe him no allegiance. He is not my Sovereign; he never received my homage; and whilst life is in this persecuted body, he never shall receive it. William Wallace.

moz76

• View Profile
Re: super 8 50 headlights..
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 03:08:08 PM »
quick update , i had a look in where the battery is housed and their are three fuses , 1 with black wire and two with red , one of the red wired ones (7amp) had blown , i changed this and started bike , still no lights , checked the fuse and it had blown again ... stumped...
I can not be a traitor, for I owe him no allegiance. He is not my Sovereign; he never received my homage; and whilst life is in this persecuted body, he never shall receive it. William Wallace.

ill_eagle94

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 10:59:08 PM »
Sounds like a short. Start chasing wires...
2011 Kymco Super 8 2t
2012 Honda Fit Sport

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 03:28:21 AM »
Yes, a short.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 06:35:11 AM »
Follow that wire. You will find a short. To make life easy take off all the plastics. You may find a few things to clean up at the same time. Maybe even a mouse nest. They chew on wire like its food
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

moz76

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 01:31:16 PM »
thanks very much for the replies folks , i thought it would be some sort of short but it surprised me that it was blowing the fuses even when the keys werent in the ignition , anyway ill have a look and post when i find a cure ...cheers....

moz76

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2012, 03:19:56 PM »
owft ... took off the plastics ..nightmare lol... had a good look around the wires and cant see anything.. i think im going to have to get someone a little more clued up to have a look ....

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2012, 11:15:05 AM »
Don't serve the beer till After its fixed. You may wind up with "wheelie bars".
Try unpluging connectors until the fuses stop blowing (one at a time). That may narrow it down for you.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

moz76

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2012, 02:22:46 PM »
right guys , ive found whats blowing the fuses its a black box , says on it kymco tyc-d401 ... its got a big crack down the middle , would this be the cause of my lights issue ? anyone who can tell me what it is please let me know ty ...

moz76

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2012, 05:20:24 PM »
im having a nightmare lol , the cdi in my sond bike has a four and two pin plug with a wire coming off the box itself , i have looked everywhere and cant find another cdi (not even a picture) with that wire coming from the box ... i cintacted a garage and they said they can sell me one without the wire but surely it must be used for something or it wouldnt be there ... help .. haha

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2012, 01:27:43 AM »
Is this an S8 two stroke?

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2012, 01:28:23 AM »
What country is this in?

moz76

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2012, 11:04:33 AM »
hi zombie , its a s8 4t , and in the uk ... must say thanks for the help , i only blew two fuses before i found the cdi was faulty , and that was because you had told me to unplug one at a time ... cheers mate ...you couldnt see the crack because of the rubber holder over it ...any more help would be great ...thanks..

moz76

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2012, 11:13:09 AM »
this is a couple of pictures of it :)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2012, 11:10:17 PM »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CDI-power-kit-ignition-unit-unrestricted-Super-8-50c-Kymco-4-stroke-NARAKU-16886-/180859490240?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a1c10cfc0
That is the only one I could find. Yours is a DC fired cdi so it is less common. Perhaps Ebay UK or another local shop like SIP Scooter shop

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()