Author Topic: Starting issue  (Read 5518 times)

Gagstopher

• View Profile
Starting issue
« on: April 14, 2012, 08:57:52 AM »
Hi all I have a 4 stroke kymco like which I have installed a 70cc kit on.
I have to use the kickstarter to get it going. It won't start with the key and I want it to. When I turn the key it sounds like its getting plenty of crank but just won't start the bike. Sometimes when the engine is warm it will start with the key. It has a good battery in it, what can be the issue? Anyone else had problems with starting after installing a bbk?

c.stroe

• View Profile
Re: Starting issue
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 03:40:13 PM »
Hey there, I have the exact same scooter and I want to instal a 70 cc kit. Can you please tell me what speed you are getting now and what kit you installed?

eamartin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 10:25:48 PM »
Hi all I have a 4 stroke kymco like which I have installed a 70cc kit on.
I have to use the kickstarter to get it going. It won't start with the key and I want it to. When I turn the key it sounds like its getting plenty of crank but just won't start the bike. Sometimes when the engine is warm it will start with the key. It has a good battery in it, what can be the issue? Anyone else had problems with starting after installing a bbk?
I have a stock Super8 2T.  On mine, if the battery gets just a little low it can be difficult to start with the electric starter.  The starter is spinning and sounds normal but the bike won't fire.  I think it is probably not spinning quite fast enough in this circumstance.  I check the battery at this point and it's something like 12.4v. If I fully charge the battery (13.2v) and press the electric start button, it fires up fine.  I know you have a good battery.  But have you checked the voltage?  The fresh 70cc kit may be asking your starter to do more than it did previously and a slightly low battery might not be up to the task. 

big blue

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2017, 09:25:40 PM »
Just a thought, you might try installing a Like 200i battery. It has extra capacity because of the fuel injection. The battery box is probably the same size as your 50cc. The Like 200i battery is a Yuasa YTX9-BS.
2012 Kymco Like 200i LX (Sold)  Salem, Oregon USA

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()