Author Topic: "micro-pulls between 4,500 rpm and 5500 rpm."  (Read 5427 times)

matrix98

• View Profile
"micro-pulls between 4,500 rpm and 5500 rpm."
« on: January 09, 2012, 05:26:50 PM »
Dear Members:
 I am a holder of a 300 i ABS SuperDink Spain, in Tenerife, Canary Islands, is marketed here by that name, there is DownTown. I registered with you, because here is a similar forum, where a large number of users, we have detected in the 32 hp model a problem that we call "micro-pulls between 4,500 rpm and 5500 rpm." Looking at your post, I have not seen anyone complaining of this problem is. There no one has had this problem? in 32-cv ABS model.
 Greetings to all from Tenerife.

Cortez

• View Profile
    • My flickr account
Re: "micro-pulls between 4,500 rpm and 5500 rpm."
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 08:08:19 PM »
You'll have to explain a bit what is happening before anyone can comment on it..

I just hope it's not what we call surging. I can't stand that.
'08 FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: 2003 Peugeot Speedfight2 LC, 2007 Kawasaki ER-6F ABS, 2006 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS,

matrix98

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 08:31:34 PM »
Dear Cortez, try to explain as much as possible the problem, to the language. There are many partners in the Spanish forum who complain, including me, that the engine, usually in a regimen of 4,500 rpm and 5500, as jerks, like intermittent gas cuts, usually done only at the regime . Personally, I do sometimes and sometimes not. I really was surprised that in your forum, I have not seen any post where someone made ​​reference to this, so I do not mean you have that problem, my bike and the peer happens with the ECU model E5000 and they blame what happens to the ECU, but it gives me more the feeling clutch problem or drive roller.
 You think?
 a greeting

TANWare

• E3.38, RP oil Eng & FD, Dr Pulley 20x12 14 gr
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 12:50:31 AM »
you have a slight pulse and this usually is the ECU or plug. I would go with a high flow air filter and the CR7EIX plug. The reason for the plug is the spark location of the stock plug is not consistent. It can wonder from side to side of the electrode causing an inconsistent plume. Since the ECU relies on sensors this can send the ECU on a timing hunt. The same can be true of air flow and a good air filter can cure that as well.

Lastly you may want to try a higher octane and/or quality fuel. Fuel can cause all kinds of issues with these small high compressing engines.

Cortez

• View Profile
    • My flickr account
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 07:58:07 AM »
you have a slight pulse and this usually is the ECU or plug. I would go with a high flow air filter and the CR7EIX plug. The reason for the plug is the spark location of the stock plug is not consistent. It can wonder from side to side of the electrode causing an inconsistent plume. Since the ECU relies on sensors this can send the ECU on a timing hunt. The same can be true of air flow and a good air filter can cure that as well.

Lastly you may want to try a higher octane and/or quality fuel. Fuel can cause all kinds of issues with these small high compressing engines.

I'm gonna agree with all of this and rule out the belt and rollers completely.
If the scooter rides ok above 5500rpm then it's getting enough fuel and air too.

It's probably something to do with fueling in the mentioned range which again might be a ECU problem.
If it were an isolated problem (i.e. one scooter) and not a whole batch of them then I'd say the spark plug too,
but what are the chances that so many people have faulty spark plugs?

It's probably something to do with the way the ECU is programmed for their market since it's not appearing
anywhere else (as far as I know).

There have been some issues in Italy where I believe they had trouble with the fuel injection (injector itself?).
I've never found a good translation of that from the Italian forums.
'08 FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: 2003 Peugeot Speedfight2 LC, 2007 Kawasaki ER-6F ABS, 2006 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS,

TANWare

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 09:42:40 AM »
With the stock plug I noticed some wondering of the engine at fixed throttle, extremely minimal. The CR7EIX cured this entirely. Look at a stock plug and you can see why. The electrode compared to the cylinder is wide, as compared to a larger displacement. what happens is the ark can be on either side of the plug. This means the plume in the cylinder changes often. I'll agree this is minimal but the smaller a displacement the morre this matters.

Now the ECU changes fuel to air mixture and even timing based on sensors. This minimal change can cause a minimal hunting effect in the ECU. This can cause a minimal hunting feel from the engine at fixed throttle. Here is wher the Iridium plugs have an advantage.

The new plug has a reduced electrode diameter making the ark location much more consistent. This causes a more consistent, not neccesarily better, plume. This lowers or eliminates the ECU for having to hunt from that reason.

IMHO there was no total HP gain from it but most notable was mid range responce and I believe this is again from the plume consistency from the plug. Others have noted this as well. This may not cure your issue but for the price it is an easy upgrade and will not hurt anything......................

« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 09:45:08 AM by TANWare »

juanpauk

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2012, 11:53:29 AM »

Tanware, (CR7EIX plug) is there an specific reference for our scooter?

Cortez

• View Profile
    • My flickr account
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2012, 12:16:16 PM »
Tanware, (CR7EIX plug) is there an specific reference for our scooter?

I just checked the manual, it just says CR7E, which is the "normal" plug, and the 'IX'
stands for Iridium, so I figured that's all the info you need to buy one.
'08 FZ6n S2 ABS

frankiej1949

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2012, 12:57:28 PM »
Hi Matrix
Hello from the UK. I had the same problem and changed the spark plug to the iridium version but I still get this intermttent surge at 4500 rpm. I have not looked further as I dont ride in the winter unless we get some reasonable weather. I was going to wait til the spring and get it serviced and see if my mechanic can throw some light on the problem. Wish I was in Tenerife could scoot all year round ;D
Frank in Manchester

juanpauk

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2012, 12:59:25 PM »
I just checked the manual, it just says CR7E, which is the "normal" plug, and the 'IX'
stands for Iridium, so I figured that's all the info you need to buy one.

Thanks, 10km service is approaching, will get it change then.

matrix98

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2012, 03:31:42 PM »
Dear Members:
 Thanks first of all to strongly, for your interest in the topic, because here in Spain, many people are discouraged by the problem, so much so disenchanted with this excellent bike, from my point of view.
 The problem manifests itself much more to rise, I suppose that there is more load on the engine, conceals much more on the flat and downhill.
 As my understanding that the solution to everything happens for a change to one of Iridium spark plug and give more air intake through a filter change more fluid. Filter Any advice?, Make or model on the market?
 Greetings to all and especially to Frankie of Manchester, who apparently knows my land and of course, again Thank you for your cooperation.

TANWare

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2012, 02:41:42 AM »
My understanding with your last post si you experience the effect primarilly under load. Accelerating or pulling up a hill at mid throttle. Not while cruising or under light load of a down hill. Mine was noticable under sustained throttle durring a cruise, hunting for a stable RPM. The plug fixed this,  I added the air filter to primarily have a washable filter.

If you are experincing what would be considered slight power surges under mild acceleration/load the plug alone may help a bit. Unless you have an extremely dirty air filter fuel mixture should not be your issue. I do know with our bikes, 29hp models, the CR7EIX has improved mid range responce and hopefully it will do the same for your version of the same engine..............

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()