Author Topic: Non start, can anyone help ?  (Read 2829 times)

royboy

• View Profile
Non start, can anyone help ?
« on: December 27, 2011, 05:24:27 PM »
Hi, I have a 2010 with only 130 miles on the clock. Went to move it and she wont start. Engine turns over fine, splutters and backfires. Fuel is good. Do these suffer from ignition problems/ failures ?

slugrocket rob

• View Profile
Re: Non start, can anyone help ?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 07:45:38 PM »
what model and engine size? (2 or 4 cycle?) When was the last time it ran? how did it behve then? any other relevent history?

royboy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 12:02:00 PM »
It's the 500 4 cycle. It was running fine all day, turned it off for 10 minutes went back and then did not want to start. Started to back fire but would not start. I have checked the fuel, pump is working fine, removed the plug and there is a spark, cleaned the plug and it now starts but  it still  a backfires ? Any help appreciated.

MaryK

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 03:13:45 PM »
I would assume that it is under warranty, so I would take it back to the dealer for warranty repair
rather than doing anything more than you have done.

Scoot Safely,
New Rider in 2010

2009 GrandVista 250

royboy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2012, 05:33:50 PM »
I believe I have found  the problem :)  Traced problem to the the choke cable / housing had worked loose.Tighten it back up and it runs perfect. 8) 8)

dalford

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2014, 07:35:22 AM »
My Uxv 500 has the same starting fine, then off for 30 minutes and will not start. Spark, fuel and air check out, pull and clean plug, got spark, fuel pump pushing fuel, but still not even a sputter. Removed and cleaned carb, reassembled and fired up ran great. Stopped briefly, then same problem ?!?! Any suggestions?

SOLUTION: As noted elsewhere in forums, the problem was intake valve out of adjustment. Now runs and starts without issue.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 06:03:19 AM by dalford »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()