Author Topic: Just got my S 200  (Read 2724 times)

abobotek

• View Profile
Just got my S 200
« on: February 03, 2009, 07:01:00 AM »
Just got my new (to me) 2007 red S 200.  I've been having a great time with it.  It's my 2nd scooter.  The other one is a 2008 Yamaha Majesty (400cc) maxiscooter.  The S 200 is quite the around-town vehicle.  The Majesty is great on the highways (90 mph maximum), but not the light/nimble vehicle like the S 200.

I live in Redmond, near Seattle.  The hills here are extremely steep by national standards, and a 50cc bike isn't enough to go even 25 mph up them.  But the S 200 has had plenty of pep anywhere the speed limit is 50 or below.

Although two years old, my S 200 isn't fully broken in yet, at 475 miles.  I'm not sure what the top end is.  It got up to about 65 indicated on level ground with minimal wind, but I don't trust the speedo.  How fast have others clocked theirs?

Red 2007 People S 200
Black 2008 Yamaha Majesty

djb135

• View Profile
Re: Just got my S 200
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 09:28:34 PM »
I've had mine about a year-and-a-half.  She's black, has just over 4k on the odometer, and is my first. 

She handles the 55 mph speed limits around here (rural Virginia) fairly well, and I've had her up to 70 mph -- but those are her words ;) ... and going slightly downhill....

I wouldn't mind a bit more top end, and I've had trouble with the electric starter -- otherwise I've been very happy with her. 

I don't know what my next purchase will be; maybe something in the 400cc range -- a burg or a majesty, perhaps... but I gotta say, I'm loving the 16" wheels on my s200 -- I don't know if I'd want to go smaller.   

I also love the idea of getting a small dual-sport bike... but on my budget it's just "one thing at a time" (read: "one thing at a every-few-years").

David

0BARK4322

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2015, 08:39:00 AM »
I wonder if he still have it
ALL STOCK

kaktuschick

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2017, 09:38:56 PM »
I have had two of these scooters and I cannot get them over 55 UNLESS I'm going DOWNHILL, ha. But that's good enough for me! They both have speedometers that are about 7 MPH off. It says I'm going 62 and I'm only going 55.

Tromper

• Seattlish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2017, 01:19:06 AM »
Hey  Abo,

I recently had a Blue S200.  After it was well broken in (somewhere around 1kish miles or a bit more) it settled in with a top powered speed of 60ish (real), & down hill with the wind (by which I really mean downhill with the wind) I hit 70 before I called it good.

I did find that putting in some Dr. Pulley's helped the deadspot you'll find in the 35ish range quite a bit without impacting the top end.  I also had a local mechanic bump the primary jet up a bit and that helped as well with no impact to fuel economy.  To be honest I'm not sure what he used, but it's something to know.

I also dropped the stock tires in favor of Michelin City Grips.  I use those on the HD as well.  They do help a great deal on those rare occasion that our roads are wet, as well as performing great in the dry.
2008 SYM HD200 "Niwanibiz"
2018 Suzuki Burgman AN650z "Bebaamaadizid"

k9 S200 (Blue) "Max" (Sold)
k8 SYM HD200 "Indigo" (Deceased)
k7 Suzuki Burgman 650 "Ohanzee" (Sold)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()