Author Topic: 10K mile/16K KM review of B&W 150  (Read 4527 times)

oldhummer

• View Profile
10K mile/16K KM review of B&W 150
« on: December 06, 2011, 04:39:30 AM »
Hey everybody! I have not been in here for a few years but wanted to let people know my B&W 150 has ran very well, and I have about 10,000 miles on her already! I went through a set of tires and replaced the belt at 10K mi. Rollers were still very good and round ..no flat spots. I am still getting around 65 -70 MPG on gas. I have been changing all the fluids, plugs and checked valve gap like Mfg says....so far so good. I still say this was a good scooter for the money. I have done a couple 1K mile trips on her and packed her down with sleeping bags, tent food...etc. Although I have a Burg 650 for major traveling I still get a kick out of doing back country roads with the 150. I'll keep you posted as I go along...safe riding all!  Oldhummer

scootermaven

• View Profile
Re: 10K mile/16K KM review of B&W 150
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 04:19:38 AM »
How many miles now and what kind of engine oil have you been using?  I just recently got myself an '06 B&W 150 w/4K miles that's been well-maintained and I am gathering info on the best way to maintain it.  What brand drive belt replacement did you install?  Thanks!
I may be slower uphill, but I'm quicker at the gas pump!

jbignell

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 05:35:22 PM »
Hi,  I too have surpassed the 16,000km mark with my 2008 B&W150 and couldn't be happier.  Aside from the styling, this scooter has proven absolutely worthy.  The cooling system works extremely well and only once has the fan came on, but even then I was fully loaded with camping gear, a 1/8 scale RC car and accessories, box of wine, some tools, food for three days and my wife on the back, while riding through wet sand for about 5km in 30 degree C weather (86F).  Belt went at 12,000km,  I now carry a spare and seriously advocate others do the same.  It isn't as good on fuel as I initially hoped, but compared to driving my Jeep Grand Cherokee, it is a blessing.  Brakes are strong enough, although I do notice on really hard braking that the whole front of the scooter levers forward just slightly; brakes stronger than the frame? 

Also,  it should be noted that I am absolutely aggressive with my scooter all of the time.  I really try not to, and even feel guilty sometimes at the end of the day when I put it in the garage, but I ride wide open or full brake and very little in between.  I also ride a lot of intermediately aggressive off-road trails with lots of rocks, roots and water crossings.  This little 150 takes it in stride and has never once had any kind of minor or major malfunction, hiccup, miss, lag, lack of power or anything.  It always starts instantly, never smokes, stays clean and runs like new. 

My last bikes were a GSX-R1100 and street legal XR650R, both considered fairly wild mounts, but nothing really comes close to the fun and silliness that happens while riding a scooter.  Even if when in a un-official race across town situation, chances are the scooter wins, but the victory typically goes unrecognised because it is just so funny. 

I love this scooter and am presently outfitting it for a trans-Canada run this spring. 

JB

oldhummer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 07:42:12 PM »
well I'm back in here after a couple years...my bw 150 now has 15K Miles on her and has been the best small scooter I have ever owned. I'm on my second belt and she gets around 55mpg down from original 60+! My OL wants me to get rid of some of my scooters, the BW150, but I just cant part with her, the scooter that is! I also have a Burg 650 that I love and a few other 50cc rigs. I originally used synthetic oil but changed over to a regular 10/40 API spec oil and the scoot is running fine. I have had some issues with cooling in traffic at slow speeds during summer and parades but nothing serious. I have always wondered how the BW 250's have been holding up and been thinking about getting one! My OL will love that..heh! Best to everybody   Oldhummer

Robertchanger

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2018, 09:23:16 PM »
Me too!  I saw one that is the same color.  Couldn't justify having two of the same scooter though even if they do have different engines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()