Author Topic: Oil Pressure Guage  (Read 1101 times)

fshfindr

• View Profile
Oil Pressure Guage
« on: September 13, 2011, 07:25:02 PM »
Taking my grandson home from school and the Oil Pressure light came on.  I got home and changed the filter but the light is still on.  What else should I check or do before I bring it to the dealer?

Thanks,
Rich L.
Richard L. in Bellmawr
Keep The Rubber Side Down & The Helmet Side Up

JustWantToRide

• View Profile
Re: Oil Pressure Guage
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 07:41:21 PM »
The little red oil can light on the right below the high beam indicator is your oil service light.  It means it is time to change your oil.  If you change your own oil - then after doing so you reset that by pressing and holding the ADJ button for more than 2 seconds to select the oil service meter.  You'll have something other than a 0 displayed.  Then press and hold both the MODE and ADJ for the same time, and it will turn to 0.  It should be on page 14 of your owners manual.

http://www.kymcousa.com/owners/onroad/Yager200i.pdf
2009 Xciting 500Ri
   52mpg so far

fshfindr

• View Profile
Re: Oil Pressure Guage
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 08:51:15 PM »
JustWantTo Ride, yep you hit it.  After I was thru panicking and changing the filter, I went to the search function.  I found someone else who had the problem.  I must admit that my grandson had to read the instruction before we got it right.  Thank you.  Changing the filter, I did not lose enough oil to replace.  So now I guess in about 600 miles, this will happen again.  Just something else to look foreword to.

Rich L.
Richard L. in Bellmawr
Keep The Rubber Side Down & The Helmet Side Up

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()