Author Topic: 500Ri - add cheap 1.2" bar risers  (Read 1022 times)

JustWantToRide

• View Profile
500Ri - add cheap 1.2" bar risers
« on: September 08, 2011, 06:09:20 AM »
I was told that I could get bar risers for my XCiting 500Ri for $140 - but that seemed crazy expensive when I could get regular 1.2 inch risers for 7/8 inch bars for just $18.  The XCiting triple clamps have an alignment pin that goes into a hole in the handlebars.  You can either dremel that off or drill a matching hole into the bottom of the riser.  The risers are solid aluminum - but it cuts like butter with a good bit.  I saved $122 by taking 2 minutes and drilling 2 holes.

I didn't remove anything except the plastic handlebar cover.  To do that I removed it's screws and removed the left mirror - then rotated the cover out of the way on the right mirror.

Pull the brake lines and cushions out of the holder, then twist them to get them to release from the brake lines.  Then push them down a bit and then back into the guides.  I dremeled the inside edge of the bottom of the plastic handlebar cover to make more room for the throttle cable.  You can't see it on the underside - but if you drill a 1/2 inch hole where you want the cable to end up - and then dremel to it - then you'll have a neater end result.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 06:13:15 AM by JustWantToRide »
2009 Xciting 500Ri
   52mpg so far

bambino

• View Profile
Re: 500Ri - add cheap 1.2" bar risers
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 09:46:57 AM »
hi, will this work with the newer Ri models?
and will the plastics fit right back or do i have to go naked?

bambino

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 02:46:20 PM »
cool ! thanks for the reply :)

is the comfort level higher now ?

JustWantToRide

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 05:30:42 PM »
cool ! thanks for the reply :)

is the comfort level higher now ?

It puts my arms in a more comfortable position, but more importantly I have a better feel of control.
2009 Xciting 500Ri
   52mpg so far

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()