Author Topic: Kymco agility rattle noise :S ?  (Read 4116 times)

Mrperfektone

• View Profile
Kymco agility rattle noise :S ?
« on: September 02, 2011, 09:36:27 PM »
Excuse my bad English (Google translate)

I have a Kymco Agility of 07 who has run 6000 km when I start it and it's cold, it has a strange rattling noise from the side by the cooling fan when it gets warm the noise gradually decreases. What could it be? - I know the oil pump sits "behind" the fan, so I'm afraid it may be it?

Thank you in advance:)

Rene

aokark

• View Profile
Re: Kymco agility rattle noise :S ?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011, 01:25:40 PM »
Could be the sliders in the variator, that's what happened to me. I thought it was the fan too until I opened the side where the variator is and the sliders were broken.

Mrperfektone

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 04:05:25 PM »
Thanks for the reply I check it:) - It just weird sound disappear when it gets hot: S ...

Regards Rene

Kenho21

• I live my life 0.402336 kilometers at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2011, 03:46:32 PM »
Me and a few others have also had that problem and everything I have seen always points to it being something in the variator. I'm waiting to see if it goes away when I install my performance variator.
2009 Kymco Agility 50- 72cc Airsal kit, Uni Free-Flow Air Filter, Main Jet 120, 1500 Contra Spring, 6g Rollers, Malossi Multivar Variator, NCY Exhaust, NCY 80cc Camshaft, Cut CDI, Smooth Boss Drive, MRP Ignition Coil

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 10:17:49 AM »
Check the ramp plate, plate on the back of variator that keeps rollers in place, moves freely on the crank. Mine was stiff so i ground it out very slightly to fit better. Think the ramp plate was rattling off the guides on the variator due to it being too tight on the crank to move freely.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Mrperfektone

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2011, 03:50:16 PM »
Check the ramp plate, plate on the back of variator that keeps rollers in place, moves freely on the crank. Mine was stiff so i ground it out very slightly to fit better. Think the ramp plate was rattling off the guides on the variator due to it being too tight on the crank to move freely.

I'll try to check the variator but it surprised me that the problem disappears when it gets hot if it should be on the variator side

Rene :)

woodcutter

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2011, 04:18:42 PM »
could be worn crank shaft bearings. when the metal is hot(warmed up engine) it expands and the rattle is decreasing.

how many kms is on your scooter?
serious engine damage shouldn't occur before 40 - 50.000 km if scooter is propperly serviced 'cos kymco use quality materials.

Mrperfektone

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2011, 06:32:39 PM »
It has only driven 6000 km but when I bought it I found out that the oil was below the minimum on the dipstick, but I've changed the oil on it and it seems that it has not been damaged when it goes well in the engine besides the funny sound when it's cold, I can hardly imagine the bearings in the crankshaft when they would make a noise constant. certainly the scooters I've heard where the bearings are defective
Regards Rene
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 06:34:18 PM by Mrperfektone »

woodcutter

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2011, 09:20:30 PM »
than check cylinder head valves tolerance. also, piston rings can make some noise when cold.
variator can make some unpleasant sounds, but you said it's on the other side of the engine.
if your scooter have enough power and running fine it should be nothing serious at 6.000 km
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 09:23:02 PM by woodcutter »

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
re: photos
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2011, 11:21:23 PM »
The first time my variator started rattling, it was more noticable on the right hand side, variator is on the left.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

woodcutter

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2011, 09:03:34 AM »
you're right. worn roller/rollers can make echo across engine bay

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2011, 09:58:30 PM »
sometimes noise is good .It lets you know something might be wrong. so you can fix befor something major goes bad.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()