Author Topic: Tires  (Read 5304 times)

badjoke

• View Profile
Tires
« on: August 23, 2011, 11:38:56 PM »
Lol...hope fully I'll get more posts when more quannon owners decide to find this place...

Was thinking about replacing the stock kenda's with something more...umm... stickier...

I realize it's overkill, and I wouldn't prob ever need sticky tires on a 150...but I'm gonna put it out there anyway...

So anyone gots anything else on other then the stock tires?  Did you notice any difference...pros/cons??

thumpersnoopy

• View Profile
Re: Tires
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 05:53:18 PM »
i'm in the same boat i want better tires i do alot of mtn rideing and the kendas suck

ailixhomes

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 04:38:27 PM »
Every two wheelers needs to get a good qualities of tires. It is the main factor to successive of every two wheelers as well as four Wheelers. I have been ascertain that Apolo and MRF  is the best tire companies in India.

adelinejames0

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 07:28:49 PM »
Tires are one kind of legs of bike as our legs important, tiers are also important in bike. Now we have to used good quality of tier. Tiers are carry the whole weight of bike. Now many type of tier are available like tubeless, nitrogen based tiers, nylon tiers.   

ailixhomes

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2012, 03:58:50 AM »
Tires are one kind of legs of bike as our legs important, tiers are also important in bike. Now we have to used good quality of tier. Tiers are carry the whole weight of bike. Now many type of tier are available like tubeless, nitrogen based tiers, nylon tiers.   

You are right tires are one kind of legs of bike without tires bike is useless. It is really very important part of bike we can not imagine the bike without tires. You give good suggestion about tires which is really very useful information. Nitrogen based tires are generally used in to race car tires and aircraft tires so i think it is not so good for regular used bike.

badjoke

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2012, 05:19:07 PM »
So I finally got new tires...just have to have them installed.

The stock Kenda's lasted quite a long time.  I'm at about 20,000 and the front is just at the wear bars.  The rear was changed at around 5,000 and it still probably has a good 3,000 left in it.  I did run over some debris though, so instead of just getting a new front and riding on the plugged rear (which held up quite well...mushroom plugs seem to be pretty tough) I got both.

Paid into a set of Pilot Activ.  Reviews seem pretty good, they mostly read as "long lasting" and "decent". I'm not expecting them to be sticky race tires, just to do the job, and hopefully a little better then the stock Kenda's. 

I'll chime in later when I get a feel for them and let you know how they worked out.

badjoke

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2013, 01:50:44 AM »
So still running the pilot activ's...

Not much to say, 6000 or so km in, they're better then kendas, way less vibration (but I'd say cuz the kenda's were old and almost completly worn) and the grip is a bit better.  They're definitely a touring tire, more geared to long life rather then sticky for cornering.  In the 6000km so far, I haven't even noticed that they've worn out at all lol.... these may very well last over 40,000 km

badjoke

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2016, 05:55:42 PM »
Wow...i can't believe I got those tires that long ago...
Long story on the bike...it was out of commission for a while between repairs and life changes but I'm still running the pilot activ's and honestly it's like they still look brand new.  Very little wear, I've prob got about 10,000 on them now.  I'm still sticking by that they will last 40,000. 

xsel777

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2016, 08:30:59 AM »
I had to get  a Kenda 434 rear tyre 150/70-14  because the Michelin  power pure is currently not available in my area.
The info I have is they are not so great in the wet, but will last a long time.
Stay safe and ride long.

Sent from my Samsung Note 3 with Tapatalk

2010 Kymco Xciting 500Ri-Dark Blue

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()