Author Topic: Just fell off my Scooter  (Read 6555 times)

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
Re: Just fell off my Scooter
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2011, 08:18:49 AM »
Wow Axy, you should be a paramedic man!  ;D
Chaos is my co-pilot.

DoGOV

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2011, 09:27:59 PM »
Where Is this triple clamp you have to loosen?

DoGOV

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2011, 10:13:46 PM »
I loosened four bolts where the suspension meets but it still doesn't budge. everything lines up until you get to the wheel.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2011, 02:24:27 AM »
wow fast recovery how you feeling must be better to be working on scoot.

DoGOV

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2011, 06:37:34 PM »
Here are some more pics that will hopefully help!  ???
http://imgur.com/a/9aZR9

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2011, 10:25:43 PM »
is the triple tree bent in some way maybe thats why things wont line up.

DoGOV

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2011, 10:38:22 PM »
is the triple tree bent in some way maybe thats why things wont line up.
I'm not sure but that seems like a hard part to bend being so bulky, but the triple clamp doesn't line up with the tire. looks at these pics I took last night.  http://imgur.com/a/4MV9O
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 12:21:25 AM by DoGOV »

mono

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2011, 06:08:05 AM »
Looking at the pictures I guess it's just the axle that's bent.
(pictures look familiar, been there a few times when I was young haha... Never bent a fork in light crashes, only axles...)

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2011, 10:07:20 AM »
looks like the shocks are twisted out of shape maybe replace the the front shocks.

JustWantToRide

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2011, 06:16:09 PM »
When you loosened and removed the bolts from the triple clamps and loosened the axle - were you able to wiggle the front end to move the wheel around?  If you could not twist the fork tubes by hand in the clamp - then you may have to also pry it apart with a flat blade screwdriver so that the fork tubes can move easily enough.  You might try loosening them again with the scooter near to a car wheel or some other object.  Once they are loosened - then put your front tire against the car tire and push against the handlebars to try to put the front wheel back inline with the triple clamp (it's common for fork tubes to twist or tweak).  You may have bent one or both of the fork tubes (I doubt you bent the axle - but anything is possible).  If you loosen the bolts and turn the fork tube in the clamp is should move evenly.  If it gets harder and then easier - then the tube is bent.  You can either turn it to the point where it is the straightest and put up with the handling being a bit off, remove the fork tubes from the fork boot and have them straightened - or replace them.

I still think you want to make sure the front end isn't just "tweaked" by loosening everything and trying to push it all into alignment.

Good luck.
2009 Xciting 500Ri
   52mpg so far

DoGOV

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2011, 08:31:04 PM »
Took apart the front end, after days of my scooter being stuck at my girlfriends lake house, and I figured out my problem finally.  Looks as though I did bend the tripple tree the most expensive part of the steering. http://kymcopartsonline.com/catalog/search_diagram_detail.php?s_fk_manufacturers_id=21&s_fk_model_year_id=1&s_fk_scooter_model_id=2&s_parts_diagram_id=50 Here's a pic for proof of damage. Thanks to everyone that helped out!

JustWantToRide

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2011, 08:53:36 PM »
Oh yeah - that picture is worth a thousand words...  At least now you can replace it and get back on the road.  Do your fork tubes look straight?  Can you hold them up to a piece of glass, or a straight metal edge?  You don't want to get the triple clamp in and then find out a fork tube is bent...   I'd at least check the left one...  >:(

It doesn't look like they sell the fork tubes as a separate item...
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 08:57:09 PM by JustWantToRide »
2009 Xciting 500Ri
   52mpg so far

ollieboi555

• Agility 50
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2011, 08:17:12 PM »
owwwww looks painful my mate fell of his moped the other week and hurt himself but not as bad as some people. i always wear a motorcycle jacket, jeans, helmet, and trainers when i ride just so if i do fall off i wont destroy myself :L hope you get better soon.  :)

AlexisStarlyn

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2017, 02:30:47 PM »
To treat the road rash:

1. Wash the wounds once per day using hydrous peroxide. It is very cheap and readily available in drugstores. It will wash away all organic waste (puss) and remains of the asphalt. Just pour some on the wound - it does not burn unlike medicinal alcohol.

2. Buy some spray-disinfectant that can be sprayed directly to wounds. They are also cheap and usually include some antibiotic.

3. Finally, in the first week, if you dress the wounds, buy a mesh-gauze soaked in vazeline used for treatment of burns. It looks like a small mesh or grid, you can cut it to dimension and place on the wound. Then you can use regular wrapping over it. It prevents the gauze from sticking to the wound and ripping the forming crust.

4. Ramp up intake of Omega 3/fish oil, protein intake (cottage cheese, lean meat, whole eggs) and you can take 5 g of creatine per day (it greatly helps healing). You can get 1 lb of creatine for 20 US$ in food supplement/bodybuilding stores.

Good luck with healing!

Know it's like 6 years late, but for anyone reading this still, do NOT use hydrogen peroxide, this cause scarring, and that's coming from a nurse. Just use alcohol, trust me, crashed a dirt bike at 50mph, and got a nice sized centimeter deep hole i my arm.

Sqk

AMAC1680

• Outdoorsman, Advocate, Paraplegic
    • View Profile
    • SEGS4VETS
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2017, 10:42:43 PM »
Great thread.
Perfect example of what happens when the proper gear isn't worn.

AMAC

Yes I'll be the whole in the room.
www.SEGS4VETS.org
2017 Lance Cali Classic 200i
2013 SYM RV200
2013 Kymco Downtown 300
2010 Lance Cali Classic-sold
1973 VW Dune Buggy
1974 VW Meyers Manx

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()