Author Topic: Instructions for de-restricting Super 8 50cc  (Read 71352 times)

tbrdmann

• View Profile
Instructions for de-restricting Super 8 50cc
« on: November 15, 2008, 06:53:54 PM »
Anyone know of a resource with specific instructions on how to derestrict
the Kymco Super 8, 50cc?

yvg

• Kymco Agility 50, Kymco Super 8 50
    • View Profile
Re: Instructions for de-restricting Super 8 50cc
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 10:03:42 PM »
I know resource in Russian, they have a lot of useful info but nearly of no use for english-speaking audience.

Yury

Areomyst

• Scootin' America!
    • View Profile
    • American Scooter Forum - Scooter Invasion
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 04:29:56 AM »
I assume that the Super 8 is much like the People S 50 and the Agility 50.  I'll look into this and see what I can find, but it's probably just changing the drive boss, modifying the CDI and changing the main jet.  I think the People S 50 came with a needle too, but can't remember for sure.

~Josh
www.scooterinvasion.net - Tech help, repairs & tuning.

yvg

• Kymco Agility 50, Kymco Super 8 50
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2008, 06:16:13 AM »
I assume that the Super 8 is much like the People S 50 and the Agility 50.

Mostly, yes. I do not know of other restrictors in S8 besides main jet, pink wire on CDI and drive boss.

Yury

alchemy67

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2009, 07:34:58 AM »
For information, I recently bought a super 8 50. I spoke to UK distributors about restriction methods on this bike and in particular the CDi portion. The super 8 50 has all three restriction methods in place from new here in the UK. The variator boss and carb main jet have been discussed in detail in Chinese Scooter Forum so I wont go over those again. The problem I had was that the CDi on the super 8 50 has 8 (eight) wires not 6 and none of them are "PINK"! Anyway,  for anyone wanting to do the de restriction on the CDi what you need to do is open the battery compartment in the footwell (2 phillips screws) and locate the CDi box at the back of the battery. disconnect the multi plug from the box and then carefully strip back the insulation tape around the 8 wires. Then locate the wire that is VIOLET with RED tracer, You will notice there are two, either will do. Ensure you cut it and leave it in such a way as to be able to rejoin it at a later date should it be necessary.  This removes the rev limiter circuit on the bike. This on its own gave me 40mph on the flat. PLEASE NOTE: I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY IF YOU DECIDE TO DO THIS MODIFICATION TO YOUR BIKE< DAMAGE IT OR WORSE GET POINTS ETC!!

Enjoy!!

dsnod

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2009, 07:36:36 PM »
Has anyone actually followed the instructions for derestricting the CDI for the Super 8 50cc listed here.  If so, what was the result?  How did you go about cuting the Violet / red stripe wire?  Details Please.

alchemy67

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2009, 10:45:18 AM »
Don't you beleive me?

scootergrisen

• View Profile
    • scootergrisen
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2009, 12:34:33 PM »
I have removed one of the pink/purple wires and yes it does derestrict the CDI.
You only need to remove 1 of the pink/purple colored wires and it dossent matter which one.

Here you see the cdi coupler. You need to remove of the wires with no text on them.

Use a very small screwdriver inside the coupler to get the wire out without having to cut it. then put som tape around the end and you can reconnect it if you want to.

I have read that its not a good idea to ride with deretricted CDI and restricted variator så be shure to derestrict the variator bush also.

Have a look at http://scootergrisen.dk its my site and theres alot of pictures comming from the Kymco Super 8 course i have one my self.
You can use Google translate to translate the website to you language.

Also look at: http://scootergrisen.dk/scooterhjemmeside/begrensninger.html for the re-restriction page. The pictures them self might help even if you cant read the text.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 12:54:31 PM by scootergrisen »

lucky

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2009, 12:17:12 PM »
hey i am new here i have a kymco super 8 50 2t, and was wondering if the variator bush thing was one you need to replace with a smooth one or one that is like a small washer type thing that gets in the way.? and if its the first one what shoud i do ? thanks for the information so far : )

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2009, 01:35:07 PM »
hey i am new here i have a kymco super 8 50 2t, and was wondering if the variator bush thing was one you need to replace with a smooth one or one that is like a small washer type thing that gets in the way.? and if its the first one what shoud i do ? thanks for the information so far : )

..the variator boss should be smooth...the only washer that should remain is the thin one on the outside of your flywheel, where the nut is..

WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!

peace
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

thommio

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2009, 01:41:24 PM »
can't i just unconnect the wire from de connector so i can connect it agian later.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2009, 04:02:24 PM »
!00% correct!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

thommio

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2009, 10:28:28 PM »
yea but how do i do that ?

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2009, 03:40:35 AM »
A local electronics store will carry MOLEX connector tools. The one you want looks like a tiny metal straw, it fits OVER the pin you want to remove, and pushes in the retainers on the pin. you simply apply the tool and pull the pin out of the connector. A small piece of shrink tubing will protect the pin until you decide you need it again
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

alchemy67

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2009, 12:15:35 PM »
Lucky....

The variator boss on the Super 8 has a shoulder that prevents full movement of the variator on it.  You need to buy a 3rd  party replacement boss or sports variator kit which should come with a non restricted boss. 

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()