Author Topic: Disclaimer - Please Read First!  (Read 78830 times)

lordofelioch

• View Profile
Re: Disclaimer - Please Read First!
« Reply #60 on: January 03, 2016, 02:39:10 PM »
Just bought a used Super 8 w/ 4,000 miles.  Great price w/issues. Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Problem #1: Front lights do not come on.  Bulbs & wiring okay.  Rear lights come on as they should when engine is running.  Light wires feed into a control box of sorts (KYMCO D411) Does anybody know what a 411 is?  Also. rear running lights stays on when engine stops. (obviously killing the battery.)  Problem #2: Kick start works fine.  Usually starts with just one kick.  Electric starter does not work.  There is a slight switch noise emitting from the battery area when the starter switch is engaged.  There is a black elecrtical box next to the battery (KIMCO # 30410-2019.)  Does anybody know what that does. Could that be the starter issue?  New battery installed. Thanks for any help.  Lawrence

Kam5066

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 18, 2016, 04:52:29 AM »
Hello!
Just bought a 2009 Kymco Super 8 150 cc from a guy on craigslist for $150.00. It looks brand new, guy says it's the transmission went bad, I know it's the drive belt. Currently in a conix box at my job waiting for the weather to get warmer before tearing into it. Has 2995 original miles on it. Will post pics soon. Yellow and blue. Look forward to talking with other forum members and seeing what I can do to spice up my Super 8. (Update):  Well a few days have gone by and the weather isn't too cold. Got to take the side cover off to see what the belt looked like. To my surprise it's a new belt, guess when the previous owner put on the new belt he forgot to install the varitor  bolt on the drive shaft :P The varitor  stripped off about 3/4 of the splines on the front half. $29.95 for the part and $1.50 for the new 12mm bolt.  and a few other parts. Not bad for a craigslist find that was local ;D Total for all the parts with shipping is going to cost me $70.39. Oh by the way I'm in Canton, ohio
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 03:37:40 AM by Kam5066 »

Forbes1964

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 08, 2016, 05:05:12 AM »
I love this forum too. However, I've noticed that sometimes someone will say that they will try something suggested by another member and let us know how it turned out. But I'll notice that months later, they still have not given an update.

If something worked or didn't work, it would be nice to let us know
2009 Xciting 250

JJJoseph

• Kymco Sento
    • View Profile
Re: Kymco models
« Reply #63 on: September 06, 2016, 06:46:27 AM »
I have a Kymco Sento, and not always sure where to post messages since Sentos are not listed.  I'm fairly certain that a Sento is mechanically the same as the Agility, but not 100%.  Is it possible for KymcoForum to add Sento to one of the model groupings so that we Sento riders would know where we are?  Thanks!

pipster326

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 06, 2016, 06:53:38 AM »
Kam, does the super8 run now? If you got a2009, for $220.39..... You got the deal of a lifetime!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dangerousdave

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 27, 2016, 10:43:39 PM »
duly noted thank you

steveiem

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 23, 2016, 03:58:55 AM »

Bar Harbor Dave

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 19, 2016, 11:59:18 AM »
Good to know, Thank you for your forum. I bought a new 2013 Movie 150 from a dealership in Falmouth Maine in 2015. I love this scooter! The dealership is no longer selling Kymco so I am glad to have this place to talk about the Movie150 and Kymcos in general. Bar Harbor Dave

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2017, 08:34:53 PM »
Good to know, Thank you for your forum. I bought a new 2013 Movie 150 from a dealership in Falmouth Maine in 2015. I love this scooter! The dealership is no longer selling Kymco so I am glad to have this place to talk about the Movie150 and Kymcos in general. Bar Harbor Dave

Glad to see more Mainahs investing in  scooters !  Got mine at Bangor Motor Sports and they are great for servicing, etc., and STILL sell Kymco !
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

Redk

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 21, 2017, 08:54:01 PM »
Thanks for setting up the forum.
I need to learn quite a bit to make repairs to a 10 year old People 250 and hope to contribute in return.
Gathered it yesterday morning, got it running last night, figured a carb speed mod before midnight ! :-)
Fun scooter !
redk

onetiredpup

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 30, 2017, 10:03:56 PM »
New to the forum. Thanks for making an exchange of information possible. Long time gone from the days of library research and intermittent manuals. Purchased recently a Kymco Agility 50. First scooter. Last of any type was a Honda Goldwing so this is slightly lower on the hp. I have to admit however I cannot see a time in the future where I will not have a scooter. An absolute blast.
Ride well, stay safe.

fatcatscooter

• FatCatScooter
    • View Profile
    • FatCatScooter
« Reply #71 on: December 09, 2017, 03:53:54 PM »
Yes. Cool site!
President of the Phoenix AZ Scooter Club
Video Blogger @Fatcatscooter.com

eaglesteve

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 08, 2018, 10:39:54 AM »
understood thank you

justbrad9

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 23, 2018, 06:26:10 AM »
My wife and I are just now getting into scooters/motorbikes and picked up a couple Kymcos, hers a 2018 Like 200i and mine a 2013 Super 8 150. Glad I found this forum and look forward to learning about our new rides.

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 23, 2018, 01:07:23 PM »
My wife and I are just now getting into scooters/motorbikes and picked up a couple Kymcos, hers a 2018 Like 200i and mine a 2013 Super 8 150. Glad I found this forum and look forward to learning about our new rides.

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum, you two!
Those are a couple of nice scooters.
Ride safe,
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()