Author Topic: New Member  (Read 8267 times)

K125BW

• View Profile
« on: December 01, 2010, 06:46:19 AM »
Hi,

I'm new to both Kymco as well as this forum. I've recently purchased a 2001 B&W125cc. I was wondering, what should I look at, mechanically, to make sure everythings working as it should be. Dont get me wrong, she goes, very well, but as it is 2nd hand, I'm just wondering what I should look at/have checked out for some "peace-of-mind"?

Please let me know?
Thanks

Rianna

• View Profile
Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 03:03:19 PM »
Good morning, K125BW. Do you have a Bet & Win Manual yet? I'm thinking there is one available online if you don't. They sure come in handy for locating where things are hiding on these scoots and they usually list recommended service intervals for various things. It would give you an idea about what things are inspected often. I'm fairly new to scoots. Some others with more experience than me will likely chime in with some general tips. I would check your oil, though, to make sure there's enough and the color is good. You have probably already looked at things like the belt and the battery connections and the spark plug to make sure all is good. Sounds like you've got a good one. You're gonna love it! They are a lot of fun! I'm curious...what brand of tires did yours come with?

Welcome to the forum.

K125BW

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 03:35:43 PM »
Hey there,

The only manual I could seem to find is the Agility City 125. I've read through the manual, but it's not nearly as in-depth as I'd hoped. For instance, it doesn't give you the specified gear oil to use, nor where to check the coolant level, or to remove the spark plug, etc.

So if anyone can tell me anything until I can get my hands on the proper thing, it will be greatly appreciated!

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010, 03:55:14 PM »
Hi, K125BW. The only manual I see at the moment is one for the Bet & Win 50. You may want to check it out, though. Many things will be similar to your model. ;)

http://www.wotmeworry.org.uk/manuals/Kymco/werkplaatsboek_B&W.rar

Hoolander2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2010, 07:31:19 PM »
Hi, K125BW and welcome!  For me, peace of mind would come by inspecting just a few things.

The tires: roll them around while on the center stand and look for any tiny cracking, damage, and wear.  There should be at least one eighth inch deep tread in the middle of the tire.  Pump them up if needed.

Brakes:  Look at the pads to make sure they haven't worn too thin.  A manual or specifications would be helpful here but just use your judgement in the meantime. 

The battery posts:  take them loose and brush with a wire brush or post cleaner.  Unless it looks like this has been done recently.

The air filter:  take it out and inspect.  If dirty, either replace it or clean it as best as possible.

You will certainly learn other things of interest to keep your eyes on as you go along.  ;)

Happy scootin' ! 

K125BW

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2010, 06:40:51 AM »
 :)

Thanks guys!

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2010, 09:41:55 AM »
:)

Thanks guys!

Change all oils (transmission, engine), fluids (especially brake fluid that should be replaced every two years and usually is never replaced on bikes/scoots).
Check roller weights, clutch and belt.
Check all screws, repaint the exhaust can.
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2010, 01:34:00 PM »
I do wonder what type of paint is to be used on the exhaust. I would suspect the exhaust on these scoots to be vulnerable from the constant exposure to weather, dirt, elements, etc. Is there any particular application that will preserve the life of these exhausts?

K125BW

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2010, 09:09:02 AM »
What type of transmission oil should I use? ???

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2010, 06:29:57 PM »
What did the manual call for, K125W? Do you remember what it said? I know sometimes these manuals say something that seems uncommon or hard to find here, but if we know what it says it might help...

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2010, 08:52:06 PM »
What type of transmission oil should I use? ???

SAE90 mineral.
---
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2010, 12:40:07 AM »
Is that stuff easy for you to get over there, axy? I think someone said it's hard to find over here. I haven't looked for any yet so I don't know for sure.

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2010, 07:18:36 AM »
Is that stuff easy for you to get over there, axy? I think someone said it's hard to find over here. I haven't looked for any yet so I don't know for sure.

In every shop. I would imagine that getting plain transmission oil should not be too hard in USA. :)
---
Kymco Agility 125 2008

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2010, 01:33:00 AM »
Thanks, axy! :)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()