Author Topic: Rev limiter disabled and some easy mods  (Read 18966 times)

art

• View Profile
Re: Rev limiter disabled and some easy mods
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2010, 02:30:13 AM »
  Not sure if one exists but will be looking. I think i can get a bit more from the cvt. The motor puts the power out just seems to need a taller gear to be awsome!  ;D
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

art

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2010, 06:57:28 AM »
 Well some projects go better than others  ::) If it there was a way to get delayed I ran into it (still not done!) So here's where I'm at.
  Got the open air in, but to do this had to bypass alot of smog,vacuum and rebreather lines. Once done I had a little miss and an occasinal shut down at idle  ???  In the heat it was acting like vaperlock and well It was(I think) As i went over things again I noticed the gas cap has no hole tapped through the top. So a little hole to let it breath and no more problem  ;D (wonder how it breathed to begin with ?)
  Finally got a chance to take this thing for a ride. One wrong turn and the next thing I know i'm on I-5 south bound out of portland (My first unplanned freeway trip)For those that don't know this is a stretch of road with no exits for nearly 8 miles and a 6% uphill grade woo hoo! Well It pulled the whole thing at an indicated 60mph didn't have much more to give but I was impressed and a little frightened,not the place i wanted to test right off  :o
  Turned around and came back down hill and noticed it was still topping out to early,so back to the drawing board. A little more jetting and some more holes in the exhaust and bingo!
  Last test ride  it was pushing 130klph rouphly 80mph indicated in the flats, It was a little doggy getting to that speed after the 55mph mark, so while chasing some other parts I found a malossi multivater kit for it  :o
  It has just showed up and they neglected to tell me the roller width and hight were going to change  :-\ so only have the set it showed up with 11.5g I was running a set of dr pully 16g's
  Anyway has an improved ramp angle and a larger diamater drive boss and the white spring,so I think i'm close to being done with this one, some more weights and I got a line on a longer belt. I might be able to put the cover back on soon. Maybe one more round of jetting. Ha! allready wondering it they have a drive face for this set ;) Cheers!!!

« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 07:24:07 AM by art »

spr0k3t

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2010, 11:25:43 AM »
I'm curious on the Malossi Variator.  Which kit did you go with and can you give me the details of the roller weights?  I'm getting ready to do some tuning on my S200 and don't want to rewrite what has already been figured out.

art

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2010, 07:24:15 PM »
  Not all has been figured just yet  ;) This thing has been a pain to get stuff for. Here's the kit.  http://www.sip-scootershop.com/EN/Products/M5111545/Variator+MALOSSI+Multivar.aspx  . This kit will change the the weight size to 20x17 and comes with a 11.5g set.(did not work well) I was running a dr pully set of 16g can't find them in the 20x17 so order at least a set of these  http://www.sip-scootershop.com/Products/M6611095V/Variator+rolls+MALOSSI.aspx. my best result so far with stock set up. Still waiting for them to arrive so cant give a real opinion on this set yet.
  So far the biggest and cheapest gain would be going to a 16g weight set little more air in and a little larger main jet. I would suggest a stiffer clutch spring but havent found the right one yet. The yellow 1500 seems too stiff and could not find the malossi white anywhere except in this variator kit.
  Still a work in progress.

spr0k3t

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2010, 09:14:45 PM »
Thanks for the information on the rollers on the Malossi... is that for the top end weights or better acceleration?  Here's something you might be interested in.  Custom Prima exhaust on the S200.

art

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2010, 09:40:22 PM »
 Ha! I might be,but trying to keep the price down on this one  :D What gains did you get out of the exhaust?
 I found the take off on this bike in stock form more than enouph and running a little stiffer spring and heavier weight moved it to just off idle and pulled better throught the mid with more top speed potential with the air and jet mods. At one point had it pulling great all the way through topping just under an idicated 80mph,but with the new ver. and light weights don't know where i stand just yet. I may have over tinkered  ;D.
 I still think they used the wrong gear set at the factory to get great performance out of this model (top end). It appears to be the same as the 125 and 150 bikes,now if the 250 gears fit I think we would have something.

spr0k3t

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2010, 03:24:45 AM »
I would have to agree with you there.  I don't know of any 250 final gears available, or their specs.  You know how Kymco is on the specs of parts and such... I'm guessing they do that to confuse the cheap knock-off junk out of the Kymco line (even though Kymco now has a plant in China).

As for the gains I've seen... I can easily hold 65mph on 3/4 throttle.  Half a city block I can get it up to 50mph.  As it sits, it's dialed in for this mod. The next mod I'm doing is going to be the Malossi Variator.  Exhaust is the only mod I've done so far.

art

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2010, 07:51:36 AM »
  You didn't need to upjet for the pipe? 

When you have the cover off for the variater watch how the stock setup tends to rattle the belt around a bit,did not seem quite right the heavier spring will eliminate this,but i need the right weights to see if i gained anything out of this so far. I found a set of 14g local but didn't give me the top I had before. The take off and mid are great but i'm looking for a realistic top of 75+ to handle a short freeway trip now and then. The motor has the power but the gearing may be a road block. It does hit 55 pretty quick though  :o

scosgt

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2010, 06:38:09 PM »
Yes the 30 is the angle. 813x19.9x30 ? Have not seen the 813 referenced anywhere Hmm 19.9 is with in talerence could probably go from 19.5 to 20+ I have run into some odd #s with the mallosi before. 
  I'll let you know how it matches the stock one. Not the direction I want to be going in though,should be here in a couple days I hope.
 The  6112737 is the next thing close from malossi.  The 6113148 is the recomended belt for the s200 from malossi We'll see.

This SHOULD work:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Bando-CVT-Belt-SYM-Joyride-RV-150-180-200-/230524082969?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35ac4e5b19

819x19x30
6mm more should not e a big problem.

art

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 10, 2010, 08:03:24 PM »
  Cool I'll have to check it out. Still waiting on the weights.Had a 830x20x30 on there it will work but a little loose for my taste.
  Had to settle for a set of 15.5g rollers they don't seem to have as many choices for the 20x17 variater  :P Would like at least a set of 16g dr pully or possibly more.

scosgt

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 10, 2010, 11:08:08 PM »
While it does not appear to be an exact exact replacement, if it works properly it would be nice to have a (cheaper) source for a belt as KYMCO parts are a PITA to get.

abobotek

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2010, 06:11:47 AM »
  Cool I'll have to check it out. Still waiting on the weights.Had a 830x20x30 on there it will work but a little loose for my taste.
  Had to settle for a set of 15.5g rollers they don't seem to have as many choices for the 20x17 variater  :P Would like at least a set of 16g dr pully or possibly more.

The service manual indicates that the correct belt is a 781 x 20 x 30.
Red 2007 People S 200
Black 2008 Yamaha Majesty

scosgt

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2010, 08:17:07 PM »
It is NOT 781. I measured a new belt. It is  not even close to 781

0BARK4322

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 23, 2015, 11:17:24 PM »
After all that work I guess he just went out and brought a 300 GTI for more speed
ALL STOCK

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 24, 2015, 02:28:08 PM »
After all that work I guess he just went out and brought a 300 GTI for more speed
From a couple of years reading scoot forums.... that often seems to be the best solution......less aggravation and usually not much more $$ than price once you factor in your time, labor, parts & mods trials.
Certainly more dependable for daily transport and more reliable than home builds.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()