Author Topic: 2009 Grandvista side stand scraping  (Read 1542 times)

OGBillyT63

• View Profile
2009 Grandvista side stand scraping
« on: February 23, 2018, 02:43:27 PM »
i took the Grandvista for a run the other day as the weather was summer like on the noth east coast.  On my ride as I was going around a left hand curve my side stand scraped the road.   I really didn't think I was leaned over that much to have that as an issue .  Has anyone else had this experience.   After parking it and looking at the side stand and the the down and up stops on the mount it looks like there is some room left where I could grind the tab so that the stand would be just a little higher while riding.  Has anyone done this or come up with another solution?  Would this modification mess up the kick stand kill switch function?

Brik

• View Profile
Re: 2009 Grandvista side stand scraping
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2018, 02:52:08 PM »
i took the Grandvista for a run the other day as the weather was summer like on the noth east coast.  On my ride as I was going around a left hand curve my side stand scraped the road.   I really didn't think I was leaned over that much to have that as an issue .  Has anyone else had this experience.   After parking it and looking at the side stand and the the down and up stops on the mount it looks like there is some room left where I could grind the tab so that the stand would be just a little higher while riding.  Has anyone done this or come up with another solution?  Would this modification mess up the kick stand kill switch function?
I scrape too. Are you fat like me?

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

stuo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2018, 11:57:14 PM »
You might check your tire air pressure...
2009 GV 250

mrbios

• 2005 Kymco Grandvista 250cc
  • Just crusing along on my 2005 GV250
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2018, 06:35:13 AM »
i took the Grandvista for a run the other day as the weather was summer like on the noth east coast.  On my ride as I was going around a left hand curve my side stand scraped the road.  /quote]

Check the shock absorber spring preload.  I found if it is not set to the hardest setting then the scooter will hit when cornering very easily.
PaulC

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()