Author Topic: Fuel tank leak?  (Read 445 times)

jew8201

• View Profile
Fuel tank leak?
« on: April 18, 2018, 01:23:17 AM »
So today I pulled the UXV 450 out to get my zero turn out. Parked the 450 on my sidewalk coming from the shed. It’s a slight incline very slight not much at all. Well after mowing come back around and notice a wet spot right side directly under the fuel tank where you fill the tank. Cap was on an tight obviously. Wipped the wet spot yep it was gas. Any idea why the gas was leaking out or where from?

airshot

• View Profile
Re: Fuel tank leak?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 06:30:22 PM »
    If the tank was recently filled it could be from expansion from the heat of the sun.  Manual states not to fill the neck for expansion purposes.  Otherwise just look over it carefully s it might be a loose hose connection from the fill tube.

jew8201

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 07:23:17 PM »
    If the tank was recently filled it could be from expansion from the heat of the sun.  Manual states not to fill the neck for expansion purposes.  Otherwise just look over it carefully s it might be a loose hose connection from the fill tube.

Yeah that’s true. I need to check the hose(s) I filled it slap full about three weeks ago and it hasn’t been ran hardly any. Maybe it was running out a breather tube? I know there is no physical damage to the tank itself.

mstparker

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2018, 11:21:39 PM »
I overfilled mine once & it leaked out a little when it got hot.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()