Author Topic: Still No brakes  (Read 1443 times)

TonyD

• View Profile
Still No brakes
« on: March 26, 2019, 04:23:02 PM »
Hi All, thank you to those who contributed to my last post on the same subject. I have installed a new brake caliper on my MXU 150. I also installed new crush washers on both banjo bolts I initially tried to bleed the brakes at the caliper bleed nipple without success. Kymco recommend using a syringe to free the majority of air and then use the normal bleed procedure at the caliper, this I have done until I got clear fluid in the syringe and then went to pumping the brake lever, locking in position and bleed through the caliper bleed screw. I have some pressure in the lever but not enough to apply the new brakes. Can anyone assist. Is it possible the brake disc / rotor needs replacing? Thanks in anticipation.

Paulnb57

• View Profile
Re: Still No brakes
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2019, 07:08:44 PM »
Tony,
If there are no air leaks then I dont see why you can't get them bled through, unless your method is wrong somehow, I'm going to write how I would do it, please don't be offended if this is what you are already doing!
Undo bleed nipple half a turn, pull in brake lever, keep it held in while fluid/air squirts out, keep it held in and tighten the bleed nipple...repeat until just fluid squirts out with no air...

Can you confirm thats your method? If not give it a go, if it is your method, then I think you have another issue, but I dont think it will be because the disc rotor is worn, that would just need a bit more fluid in the system to compensate

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()