Author Topic: Kymco recall  (Read 917 times)

jew8201

• View Profile
Kymco recall
« on: January 11, 2018, 03:46:55 PM »
FYI

http://www.kymcousa.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Press-Release_KYMCO-UXV450i_Recall-March-2016.pdf

Throttle cable recall on select year model 15-16 UXV 450. Throttle cable is apparently sticking in wide open position.

I thought Polaris only had recalls?!!! LOL

jew8201

• View Profile
Re: Kymco recall
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 03:50:07 PM »
This maybe old news. But I caught wind of it on the Facebook group Kymco mudders. I haven’t personally received anything in the mail about it. But I’ll check my vin to be sure.

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 01:06:38 AM »
     Had mine in for the same recall about a year + back. Just a rubber boot needs to be replaced to keep moisture out.

jew8201

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2018, 04:36:01 AM »
Checked the vin on my 2015 and it’s in the recall. Guess I’ll have to contact the dealer. But this should only be an issue if you rode in or get into water when riding in freezing temps. And I’ve done nether this winter thankfully. Will definitely have it taken care of though.

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2018, 04:45:00 PM »
   From what I was told there is a rubber boot that allowed moisture inside and could allow it to freeze in the cold and cause the throttle cable to lock up. Mine was still under warranty anyway so I took it in for the recall and had the dealer go over everything before the warranty ran out. I never had an issue either but I understand there were a few that did. Go ahead and "git er done" to be on the safe side. I dropped mine off and went and had lunch with the wife, picked it up about 2 hrs later.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()