Author Topic: Cold weather starting and carry along tool pouch  (Read 590 times)

moparkid

• View Profile
Cold weather starting and carry along tool pouch
« on: January 05, 2018, 08:00:36 PM »
Hello and a very Happy New Years to Kymco owners one and all here in the states and all over the world. Let us hope for many happy and safe scooterin' miles to come!

So we have just endured a rather severe cold weather snap where it was below freezing for more than 5 days, which has to be a record for Texas!

So I carry a small tool pouch that, short of an engine rebuild, should get you by in a pinch when stranded. The pouch is a zip type canvas thingy I found at a yard sale and paid a whole dollar for. It measures 4-1/2 x 7 x 1-1/2. The following items fit nicely in it and one would be wise to have something as simple and easy to put together under your seat.

1-small Proto 3/8 ratchet
1-3/8 x 3 ratchet extention
1-small Defiant flashlight that measures 4-1/2'' long
5-deep sockets: 8, 10, 12, 14, 16 mm (16mm will remove spark plug)
2-3/8 drive allen wrenches: 6, 8mm  ( for front tire removal)

I hope this helps those with a DT 300, but I am sure it would apply to any Kymco scooter over 200 CC. Should anyone have any other suggestions please advise.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 06:26:55 PM by moparkid »

ole two wheels

• ole two wheels
    • View Profile
Re: Cold weather starting and carry along tool pouch
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 02:06:24 AM »
Had the same issue with my DT300. New battery last summer. I hooked up an auto charger, but did not put it on 50 amps. Way too much for that small battery. I put it on 10 amps for 5 minutes and it cranked. I had a "float: charger on it and after that I put a charger/maintainer tender on it and now it's staying in the green. For what it's worth.
Mac 

2012 Kymco DT300
1996 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()