Author Topic: pix from my coffee shops  (Read 622 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
pix from my coffee shops
« on: January 04, 2018, 01:42:34 PM »
Posted on the wall of one of my fav coffee shops.

You can actually get a pretty decent breakfast here (free range eggs, home made grain toast{like eating a plate!}, spuds, home made preserves and real butter. Daughter had the breakfast burrito with flaming hot sauce & sour cream.

Out the window I see a couple of my hardy street people. It was 7 degrees F out there, with a nice wind.

Across the street from the coffee shop - on a much nicer morning!

Tough scootering winter so far.
Stig
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 01:57:51 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: pix from my coffee shops
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 02:23:56 PM »
Yes, it is. Waiting for a day above 40 F.

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

ole two wheels

• ole two wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 04:26:42 PM »
Great pic's Stig. That breakfast made me hungry. My breakfast usually consist of a banana and a slim-fast shake. Just got the news from my Ortho doc, that I have broken the Ischium (sit bone) off of the Ilium, (pelvis) on the left side and will be on a walker for the next 3 to 4 months and then if that heals, then a left hip replacement, followed by a left knee replacement. Soooooooo, looks like the only wheels I'll be riding on, for the better part of 2018, will be a walker and/or a wheel chair. Looks like I'll be "ole FOUR wheels" for a spell. Just pray with me that it can all be fixed. Dr. said there was an outside chance that I could be down for the count. I'm in good hands, so it'll be okay either way.
Mac 

2012 Kymco DT300
1996 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100

GLV55

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 05:38:25 PM »
Posted on the wall of one of my fav coffee shops.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!! Living in Idaho, I can tell you that's very true! Thanks for the laugh!
2014 Lance PCH 150
2007 Kymco People 150 (totaled by a drunk, Oct. 2013)
Nampa, ID

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2018, 01:08:14 AM »
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!! Living in Idaho, I can tell you that's very true! Thanks for the laugh!
Daughter and I laughed ourselves silly when we saw this on the wall next to us.
Everyone but the kids are holding a beer.
Stig

« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 01:10:16 AM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

boo

• I hate censorship people manipulate you
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2018, 01:28:42 PM »
Great pic's Stig. That breakfast made me hungry. My breakfast usually consist of a banana and a slim-fast shake. Just got the news from my Ortho doc, that I have broken the Ischium (sit bone) off of the Ilium, (pelvis) on the left side and will be on a walker for the next 3 to 4 months and then if that heals, then a left hip replacement, followed by a left knee replacement. Soooooooo, looks like the only wheels I'll be riding on, for the better part of 2018, will be a walker and/or a wheel chair. Looks like I'll be "ole FOUR wheels" for a spell. Just pray with me that it can all be fixed. Dr. said there was an outside chance that I could be down for the count. I'm in good hands, so it'll be okay either way.

Old Two Wheels. Trying to give you some encouragement. First, I know every situation is different but, I know two people who have had knee and hip replacements. Both went through the operations with minimal pain and/or suffering. Not making light of these types of operations. Considering what is done to the body, I am amazed at how well and quick people are recovering.
My sister has had one hip replaced and both knees. She did some simple hiking with my wife last fall.
My wife s life long childhood girl friend just had her second knee replaced and she is doing good also.
I know it will be a rough year for you BUT, I can see you riding again and enjoying life.
I guess a lot of this depends on how strong your bones are and if you are a good candidate for this type of surgery.
Good luck. We will pray for you.
300GTI black
Pro 2A - member GOA & NRA

ole two wheels

• ole two wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2018, 05:33:49 PM »
Thank you boo, especially for the prayers. Prayer is firing the winning shot in any battle. I had the right hip replaced a year ago and , as you said, recovered quickly. My bones are not the best as I have been on hormone therapy for the past 17 years for prostate cancer. My Ortho dr. said my bones were still in good condition, however, and that's good to hear. Been thinking I might sell my motorcycle and 4 wheeler and a few other items and buy me a good ole fast and loud Mustang. In any case, the DT300 stays, even if I have to trike it to ride it. I really love that scooter. Time will tell what happens, it's all in His hands.
Mac 

2012 Kymco DT300
1996 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()