Author Topic: Motorcycle Dash cams  (Read 1101 times)

PaulF

• View Profile
Motorcycle Dash cams
« on: January 04, 2018, 09:44:58 PM »
After thinking about the topic, Distracted Drivers, I was wondering if there was a need for a Motorcycle dash cam.  I did discuss about using a camera in the other topic but for all time recording a dash cam would be better as it will loop the recording and can automatically switch on when starting up your scooter.
Here are a couple that I have looked at so far. Thoughts about this?

https://hoglights.com.au/products/innovv-k1-motorcycle-dash-cam

https://dashcamsaustralia.com.au/shop/dashcams/dod/dod-hummer-motorbike-cam/

AMAC1680

• Outdoorsman, Advocate, Paraplegic
    • View Profile
    • SEGS4VETS
Re: Motorcycle Dash cams
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 10:20:57 AM »
Depends on what seat your in, lol.
I have a cam in all my cars and trucks to protect me against scooter riders.....

https://gearheads.org/cash-for-crash-scooter-scam/

AMAC
www.SEGS4VETS.org
2017 Lance Cali Classic 200i
2013 SYM RV200
2013 Kymco Downtown 300
2010 Lance Cali Classic-sold
1973 VW Dune Buggy
1974 VW Meyers Manx

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 12:07:46 PM »
Depends on what seat your in, lol.
I have a cam in all my cars and trucks to protect me against scooter riders.....

https://gearheads.org/cash-for-crash-scooter-scam/

AMAC

Yeah, well thanks a bunch AMAC !
Bubba and I now have to go back to pouring drive-thru coffee on each other for our extra income.

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

PaulF

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 12:28:32 PM »
I have seen that video before but it still makes me shake my head in disbelief.  Poor London is having a lot of problems at present.

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2018, 10:05:12 PM »
I like the first one with the front and rear lens, but it didn't mention the resolution quality. Is the camera installed on the rider's helmet or on the bike? How long does the battery last, or do you run it off a bike's cell phone charger (if it has one)?

The second one is more expensive, but it mentions the resolution quality. The down side is it is designed to face forward when you need to cover your front and rear views (for rear endings and side hits from cars changing lanes). I think you'll be better covered with the camera on the first link.

- Wolf

PaulF

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2018, 12:24:35 AM »
I like the first one with the front and rear lens, but it didn't mention the resolution quality. Is the camera installed on the rider's helmet or on the bike? How long does the battery last, or do you run it off a bike's cell phone charger (if it has one)?

- Wolf

Hey Wolf,  on the first one the lens are fitted to the bike and it runs off the bike's battery.  If you go to that link again and hit the SPECIFICATIONS it will show you the resolution.  Innovv have several models available.

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2018, 11:02:42 PM »
If the mount is fitted to the bike can the camera be removed and reattached? I'd worry about them being stolen when parked. Other than that the specs are pretty decent.

Lowell

PaulF

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2018, 02:13:52 AM »
Not sure if they could be removed but what I have seen in some photos the cameras are pretty hard to spot.  You can go to Youtube and see a few videos that may give more info.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()