Author Topic: 2014 MXU 450i fuel pump will not run at key on sometimes  (Read 1110 times)

hookset

• View Profile
2014 MXU 450i fuel pump will not run at key on sometimes
« on: February 12, 2018, 12:43:28 PM »
I had some fun this weekend, but not the kind I wanted to have. My 2014 MXU 450i had some issues at key on, the fuel pump did not run.  I couldn't figure it out other than to say it finally worked after I unplugged and plugged in most all of the connections in front of the handlebars and even unplugged and replugged the three relays on the right front of the machine.

I moved away from my dealer last year, so if I have to take it back to them its quite the trip down there.  I am thinking its something simple, or maybe not, but hoping for a intermittent relay issue or something else simple. Does anyone have experience with this issue? 

hookset

• View Profile
Re: 2014 MXU 450i fuel pump will not run at key on sometimes
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2018, 08:17:28 PM »
I don't really have an update other than it hasn't happened again, I wonder if its related to temp and battery drop of something...

One thing I will say is the cyclepedia.com manual is great.  I bought online access for a year and then printed each section to .pdf via pdfRedirec v2.5.2 and I have the complete repair and service manual as a .pdf file now.  That may come in handy down the line.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()