Author Topic: gas gauge 450i uxv  (Read 1056 times)

dlongo

• View Profile
gas gauge 450i uxv
« on: December 30, 2017, 08:59:15 PM »
Riding today in the cold weather and all the sudden the gas gauge top right on the instrument panel just stopped working. When I stopped and turned off the machine and turned it back on you can see the indicator is still there but when the machine starts to run there is no indicator at all. I also think the indicator to the top left went off as well. Fuse? Loose wire? Thanks

Also the black panel on the side of a machine with the logo Kymco is that easily replaced and what does that typically cost. Did not see big stick in the snow :(

Thanks guys

airshot

• View Profile
Re: gas gauge 450i uxv
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2017, 12:57:59 AM »
    Cant say my fuel gage has ever stopped working however the speedometer did stop a couple times over the summer. It turned out to be high heat that caused it to stop reading, once the machine cooled down a little it worked fine. I have no idea why yours stopped working but you might try waiting and see if it works again. Do you have a factory service manual to see if there is anything in there about your issue. For what it is worth, I have checked my fuel gage by adding a gallon of gas at a time to see how accurate it was and mine was very close in reading correctly.

dlongo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2018, 06:09:22 PM »
Under warranty, being replaced currently. It needed a new display.

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2018, 07:09:30 PM »
    Having to talked to others from various other mfgr owners it seems all these digital displays are a self contained unit, probably much cheaper to build that way.  It seems there is no separate repair for any individual readout unless a bad connection or sender unit. The digital display appears to be one self contained unit for all the different mfgrs.  Just out of curiousity, please let us know what the cost of this display is just in case others have an issue.  Even though it is a warranty claim the dealer can still give you a cost breakdown.

dlongo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2018, 02:37:49 AM »
Warranty item display changed

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()